[comp.sys.amiga] Repost: 256k rams For Sale

bah@tippy.uucp (10/04/89)

I posted a For Sale of 256k rams about 10 days ago. I have received a few
requests for more information on these chips.
They are 256k x 1, 100 ns. rams. Brand new, Fujitsu made, top quality. Have
not had a bad one yet, but will gladly replace if one should be in this
batch. Anyone who wants to add additional memory to their Amiga, can do so
at a lower price than through the manufacturer of the memory board.
Prices are as follows:

  16 for $85.00      32 for $160.00       48 for $235.00

These prices include shipping via U.P.S. ground. Add $3.00 for C.O.D.
Chips will be sent same or next day check is received, or order received
in case of C.O.D. You may post date check for 10 days if you wish, so that
you will have chips before check is deposited. I trust the check will be
good. Over 2 megs. have been sold already. Less than 4 megs. are left.

   Bob Hahn                Internet....tippy!bah@newton.physics.purdue.edu
   1411 N. 14th St.
   Lafayette, IN. 47904
   317-742-2064

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (10/06/89)

bah@tippy.uucp writes:

>I posted a For Sale of 256k rams about 10 days ago. I have received a few
>requests for more information on these chips.
>  16 for $85.00      32 for $160.00       48 for $235.00

I note that the prices in places like the ads in the back of Radio-
Electronics magazine are currently lower than this for several
hobbyist-type distributors...though perhaps not guaranteed to be
Fujitsu.  Also, if you only need 150nS access, seems like $3.50-
$4.00 is closer to what you pay.

Bob Hahn in <12500010@tippy> writes:

	I posted a For Sale of 256k rams about 10 days ago. I have received a
	few requests for more information on these chips.  They are 256k x 1,
	100 ns. rams. Brand new, Fujitsu made, top quality. Have not had a bad
	one yet, but will gladly replace if one should be in this batch.
	Anyone who wants to add additional memory to their Amiga, can do so at
	a lower price than through the manufacturer of the memory board.
	Prices are as follows:

	  16 for $85.00      32 for $160.00       48 for $235.00

Unless my calculator has gone bad, those prices equate to a unit price of:

	$5.31 each for 16 chips
	$5.00 each for 32 chips
	$4.90 each for 48 chips

Looking at last night's San Jose (CA) Mercury-News, at the Fry's advertisement
(Fry's is a large consumer electronics store with two branches in Silicon
Valley), we find the following unit prices for 256Kx1 DRAM chips, brand new:

	$2.79 each for 150 nS
	$2.89 each for 120 nS
	$2.99 each for 100 nS  (vs. the $4.90 each quoted above)
	$3.69 each for  80 nS
	$5.59 each for  60 nS

On any given day, the chips will be those mfd by Hitachi, NEC, Samsung, Fujitsu
,
etc.  And Fry's generally substitutes faster parts at the lower price if they'r
out of stock of the specific part one wants on any given day.  Over the past 3+
years I've purchased over 800 DRAM chips from Fry's at prices similar to
(usually lower) than the above, and not one chip has been defective (and these
are used in systems operating 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week).  Caveat emptor.

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

OK, OK, stop with the email.  9 people sending email probably equates to at
least 10x that number wanting the information (re: Fry's re: the DRAM chips).

Fry's accepts VISA, M/C, checks, cash, one's firstborn, whatever! :-)

Their hours are (Pacific time) 8am-9pm Mon-Fri; 9am-7pm Sat; 9am-6pm Sun.
Their main store is:

	Fry's Electronics
	541 Lakeside Drive
	Sunnyvale, CA  (ZIP code unknown)
	408/733-1770

Their second store is:

	Fry's Electronics
	440 Mission Court
	Fremont, CA  (ZIP code unknown)
	415/770-FRYS

I do know they HAVE accepted phone orders.  The prices quoted in my original
posting are, per their ad, "Good through 10/10/89."

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]