[comp.sys.amiga] Source Code Management

magik@sorinc.UUCP (Darrin A. Hyrup) (10/08/89)

>In article <388@sorinc.UUCP> etxkrjg@solsta.ericsson.se (Kristian Jorg) writes:
>>In article <763@nigel.udel.EDU> lti2!talmage@lti.uucp (David Talmage) writes:
>>
>>What do Amiga developers use for source code management?  I'm toying with
>>the idea of porting RCS to Our Favorite Micro.  Has it already been done?
>
>This is a very interesting topic. I use RCS at my work for source code
>management. And it works very well indeed. The problem is that RCS is
>made for is UNIX. A ported RCS or SCCS for Amiga would be nice!

I too have been toying with the idea of putting together a Amiga based RCS
or SCCS for the Amiga. I definately miss the availability on the Amiga
especially after being spoiled by it with a UNIX machine. <sigh>

I seem to remember an article a few weeks back by (I think) Micheal Sinz of
CATS saying something about how he was also considering a project like
this. What we need to do is to either decide to do it, or not. Apparantly
it is something that those of us with knowledge of source code management
systems are looking for. And I'm sure there are many that are not [yet] on
the net here who also share our interest!

Personally, I really don't have the time to do it myself at this moment
since I have too many projects on the stove right now, but I would be more
than willing to help out in testing it! <grin>

If there is anyone out there now who is working on a project like this,
please post so we wont end up with 10,000 people independantly working on a
SCCS port for the Amiga. ;-)

Yours, in service to the dream,

                Darrin Hyrup

--
Darrin A. Hyrup   //              [ ARPA: sorinc!magik@pacbell.PacBell.COM ]
                \X/ AMIGA Enthusiast & Software Developer