[comp.sys.amiga] UUPC

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (08/24/87)

In article <4228@ncoast.UUCP>, swi@cs.paisley.ac.uk.UUCP (Scott Wilson) writes:

> We have 20 pc's in the department and 2 3b2's and a 3b5. The 3bx's talk
> to each other using uucp.

> So the ob. thing to do is to get uucp going on the ibm's. Problem, we onlky
> have lattice C, and it no want to work, if you know what i mean. To save
> us spending a disgusting ammount of money on ANOTHER compiler, could a
> very kind person who has compiled & installed UUPC on an IBM/Clone, uuencode
> up the binries and send them to me.

Help is on the way!

Due to high demand, we have sent off IBM PC Binaries for uupc to Brandon
Allbery to be posted to comp.binaries.ibm.

If the same demand is there we will look at Amiga and Atari as well.

We're still looking for someone to port the Mac stuff to a non-Aztec
environment. It wouldn't make sense to post the current Mac binaries because
you wouldn't be able to run them without the Aztec Shell, and you don't get
that without the Aztec compiler, and if you have the Aztec compiler you
don't need the binaries....

We'll keep you posted.

--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532

news@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Usenet netnews) (08/25/87)

From: wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter)

Actually, if you just change the file type to APPL it should run without
the shell.
  Pierce Wette

Resisting temptation is easier when you think you'll probably get
another chance later on.

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu

glee@cognos.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (08/31/87)

I tried to change the amiga version to work with the Lattice compiler, still
having problems. Has anyone else done the conversion successfully before I
pour more sleepless nights into it?

Given this situation, I think posting binary would be appropriate, but I would
like the source diff for Lattice as well.

In the mean time, I will continue to plug at it.
--
Godfrey Lee                                      P.O. Box 9707
Cognos Incorporated                              3755 Riverside Dr.

jesup@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (Randell Jesup) (09/03/87)

In article <1361@sirius.UUCP> glee@sirius.UUCP (Godfrey Lee) writes:
>I tried to change the amiga version to work with the Lattice compiler, still
>having problems. Has anyone else done the conversion successfully before I
>pour more sleepless nights into it?

>Godfrey Lee                                      P.O. Box 9707

	I have been converting it to Lattice and am testing it now.  Once I'm
sure it working relatively well (it has SEVERAL brain damages), I'll post
diff's and binaries to the source and binary groups.  I'm really
suprised that the Manx version ran at all, given the bugs.  I have also found
a few bugs in the system-independant code (as posted in comp.mail.uucp).
	It should work pretty well, especially with 4.0 and short ints.  I'm
also going to speed it up by doing multi-character reads/writes to the
serial port.

--
	Randell Jesup  (Please use one of these paths for mail)
	jesup@steinmetz.UUCP (uunet!steinmetz!jesup)

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Mad Flax) (12/15/87)

I sat down some days ago to compile UUPC with my lattice 4.0..
Worked fine, then I ran it... >WHAM<
("My fasche feelsch scho flat..") Ran right into the good old guru..
Hints? Suggestions? Haven't  applied any diffs to the (original)
source. My machine is a 2000 with expanded memory.
The program seem to slip somewhere afetr fter it has read the profile, etc.

jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) (07/27/89)

     Has anyone out there seen a newer version of uuPC (NOT uucp) than v1.0?
What is the newest version?

--

                                        Jim Pritchett

                                        UUCP:  {attctc|texbell}!letni!caleb!jdp

crash@ckctpa.UUCP (Frank J. Edwards) (07/28/89)

There was a posting recently asking what the latest version of UUPC
was.  I don't know; what I do know is that the source that I've been
working from had bugs in the packet-level drivers that prevented
binary file transfers (so if you can transfer binaries you've got
better than the source I started with).  A friend of mine is using
a version that claims to be "Camelot 1.8"...

I have, of course, fixed those bugs and have added some front-end support
for the C-News implementation of "rnews".  For those not familiar with
the Un*x news propagating packages, there are basically three.  The
version called "A News" is extremely old, buggy, and no longer being
used (I hope :-) and the "B News" is the one that most sites are running.
"C News" is the latest implementation which has as its overriding goals
ease of installation and modification (if the authors are out there
listening, please correct me if I'm wrong).

I have a working version of C-News running on my Amiga 500 (and I only
have two floppy drives!) but I have not made it completely automatic,
as I prefer to run some parts by hand in order to keep an eye on them.
To use my C-News implementation you must also use my UUPC (because of
the built-in "rnews" program -- although it's simple and *could* be
worked around).

The source I have was posted to comp.sources.misc in August 1987:
    comp.sources.misc/8708/18	uupc.dcp (protocol handler)
    comp.sources.misc/8708/19	uupc.mac (MAC specific routines)
    comp.sources.misc/8708/20	uupc readme's and info
    comp.sources.misc/8708/21	uupc.mail (called uupc.uu in archive)
    comp.sources.misc/8708/22	uupc.ami (Amiga specific routines)
    comp.sources.misc/8708/23	uupc.dos (MSDOS specific routines)

For archive retrieval info, I suggest you contact allbery@ncoast.UUCP

--
#include <std/disclaimer.h>	/* My employer isn't even involved! */

Frank J. Edwards		ComputerKnowledge Corporation
2677 Arjay Court		12740 Hillcrest Rd, Suite 212
Palm Harbor, FL  34684-4505	Dallas, TX  75230      (800) 385-9700

ag1y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam Fain Goldsmith) (10/09/89)

What is UUPC and where can I find it?  What requirements do I need?

Please send me mail or post here.

-Adam
ag1y@andrew.cmu.edu