[comp.sys.amiga] "Insert Workbench" screen -> GIF or raster

don@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Donald R Lloyd) (09/25/89)

     Is there a way to capture "the hand" as an IFF file?  I'd like to
convert it to a raster file so I can have my .logout on the suns here
at school display it whenever I sign off the system.
     Is there a way to do this?  If anybody can do so, could you please
let me know how, or compress the picture & mail it to me?

      Before I get flamed for it....would this be legal?

      Thanks.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | ---------------    Don Lloyd  El Campeador   don@vax1.acs.udel.edu          |
| |Gibberish is |    DISCLAIMER:               don@pyr1.acs.udel.edu          |

marco@hprnd.HP.COM (Marco Gonzalez) (09/26/89)

>     Is there a way to capture "the hand" as an IFF file?  I'd like to
 I think it would be easier to just draw it using DPAINT or such a program
because this is one of the simplest (and probably the worst) AMIGA graphic
I've ever seen.
>      Before I get flamed for it....would this be legal?
 Maybe it's not. But if you draw your own as described above, this should be
of no problem (or perhaps I should say "Look and Feel"?).

	Marco Gonzalez.

 My opinions in no way reflect those of my employer.

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (10/09/89)

In article <4473@udccvax1.acs.udel.edu>, don@vax1.acs.udel.edu, (Donald R.
Lloyd) writes:
>     Is there a way to capture "the hand" as an IFF file?  I'd like to
>convert it to a raster file so I can have my .logout on the suns here
>at school display it whenever I sign off the system.
>     Is there a way to do this?  If anybody can do so, could you please
>let me know how, or compress the picture & mail it to me?
>
>      Before I get flamed for it....would this be legal?
Hook the video from your Amiga at bootup to the Digiview Gold that your
friend has (he *has* a digitizer, right? :-).  Wave your hands in front of
your monitor and the Digiview hardware, utter the magic words, and in
a puff of *magical blue smoke*, you will get an IFF of the "Insert Workbench"
prompt.  Conversion to GIF or raster is left as an exercise for the apprentice
wizard...

As for legality, talk to the Commodore Amiga lawyer peoples, but if you've read
the Workbench 1.3.2 update distribution legalese, you may want to just
wait till no one's looking and steal the picture!  :-) ;-)

 # Baird McIntosh  "...Why do people choose to live their lives...this way?"  #
 # INTERNET: c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> BITNET: c503719@umcvmb.bitnet #