[comp.sys.amiga] Printers:Recommendations/warnings

okay@tafs.mitre.org (Okay S J) (10/09/89)

I'm currently in the market for a printer thats roughly in the $500-$700
range and have a few questions....
1.What do you have and why do you like/hate it?
2.Whats good in this price range for color?(I'm pretty much sold on getting
 some sort of color to go with it--seems a crime not to on a machine like
the Ami).
3.How well is it supported by popular software(like Digipaint, Dpaint, Execellence, AmigaTeX, to name a few)

I've heard enough bad things about the NX1000 rainbow to just about cross it
off my list...
I'm using an A2000 with WorkBench 1.3 and the serial port is occupied by a
modem with a Seagate ST277N HD just to give you an idea of my system.

Mail me and I'll followup if enough people want me to.

---Steve
OKAY@TAFS.MITRE.ORG
'My employer doesn't pay me enough to express their opinions'

martens@skiff.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (10/09/89)

In article <1120@nigel.udel.EDU> okay@tafs.mitre.org (Okay S J) writes:
>I'm currently in the market for a printer thats roughly in the $500-$700
>range and have a few questions....

Since you're at Mitre, there's about a 50% chance you're in the DC
area, so one piece of advice is to stay away from a place called
"Printers Plus."  As of a couple years ago, it was standard practice
of theirs to sell a 120 cps printer, telling prospective customers it
was 160cps.  It was an off-brand, the NLQ-1200, and I know a couple
people who like the price and bought one.  They consistently timed at
120 cps on a variety of systems.

Of course, if you don't mind dealing with dishonest salespeople, ...
-=-
-- Jeff (martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)

Now, was that Woody Allen Drive or Woody Hayes Drive?  I can never
keep those two straight.