[comp.sys.amiga] ghost

In <13370@nsc.nsc.com>, chaim@nsc.nsc.com (Chaim Bendelac) writes:
>I recently downloaded a game from a local bbs. It uses what I think
>is a sprite in the form of a volleyball. However, instead of showing
>itself in its round form, the ball is displayed as a ghostly white
>stripe all over the length of my screen. I have tried "nofastmem"
>but cannot get it right. I have seen this effect with other PD programs,
>and I am starting to worry. Is there something wrong with my A500?

Try moving your screen to the right with the Preferences program.

-larry

--
My name is OS/2, Mandius, Kludge of Kludges.
Look upon my works, ye CS majors, and gag.

chaim@nsc.nsc.com (Chaim Bendelac) (10/07/89)

rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (10/10/89)

In article <13370@nsc.nsc.com> chaim@nsc.nsc.com (Chaim Bendelac) writes:

>is a sprite in the form of a volleyball. However, instead of showing
>itself in its round form, the ball is displayed as a ghostly white
>stripe all over the length of my screen. I have tried "nofastmem"
>and I am starting to worry. Is there something wrong with my A500?

Your preferences setting is probably set just a little too far to the
left.  I recently posted something called "SpriteAdjust" to People Link.
You run this program, (via an icon startup) and then run Preferences.
Adjust the screen until the 8 sprite images that appear centered over
the preferences screen adjust window appear as rectangles.  If your
screen is "misadjusted" (which may, to you, be centered), then one
or more of the rightmost sprites will appear as a bar extending from
the top to the bottom of the screen.  The Commodore program MindWalker
suffered from the same symptoms.

Rob Peck