chayter@skat.usc.edu (bel tenebroso) (10/08/89)

System:
	Amiga 1000
	1.5 meg
	ext. floppy
	CLtd. SCSI interface
	ST225N HD.
	Using SCSIdos3.0

No matter how hard I try, I can not get the drive to format with CLtd.'s
FeDX formatter program.  It fails with random (never in the same place 2x)
errors of "14h -unable to find sector on track" and once something about a
bad "index number".  The drive is known good, formats on a (gag)MacII(gag)
with no problems, passes every diagnostic with flying colors.

Anybody have any ideas?

---
chayter@usc.edu
alezikakos

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (10/10/89)

In article <20378@usc.edu> chayter@skat.usc.edu (bel tenebroso) writes:
>	CLtd. SCSI interface
>	ST225N HD.
>	Using SCSIdos3.0
>No matter how hard I try, I can not get the drive to format with CLtd.'s
>FeDX formatter program.  It fails with random (never in the same place 2x)

I had the same problem trying to use a CLtd controller on my SyQuest 555 drive.
Even though there is an entry in the menus for the SyQuest, I had to use
the GenFormat program to do the low-level format.  Get into the CLI and
take a look at the executable commands on the disk that don't have
icons.  Good luck -- it took me days to figure it out, and CLtd was
unhelpful (and misinformed about their own products).  -- Darren