[comp.sys.amiga] star nx-1000 rainbow driver

MSW@mplvax.sri.com (Mark S. Williams) (10/03/89)

I have a star nx-1000 rainbow printer. I have been told that the driver
I should use with this is the epsonx[cbm_mps-1250], but I find that I
cannot get double-struck (bold) characters with it. Is there a driver
specificly for this printer and if so could someone email me a copy or
let me know where I can get a copy via ftp?

Thanks,

Mark Williams
msw@mplvax.sri.com

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (10/04/89)

In article <EP3GM2@mplvax.sri.com>, msw@mplvax.sri.com (Mark Williams) writes:
>I have a star nx-1000 rainbow printer. I have been told that the driver
>I should use with this is the epsonx[cbm_mps-1250], but I find that I
>cannot get double-struck (bold) characters with it. Is there a driver
>specificly for this printer and if so could someone email me a copy or
>let me know where I can get a copy via ftp?

I have a Star NX-1000 Rainbow printer, and I have noticed this problem with
the suggested driver also.  Bold characters work fine in DRAFT mode, but they
are nonexistent in NLQ mode.  I had thought this was a problem with Prowrite
or a limitation of the printer, but looking at the manual's sample text, it
does show BOLD NLQ text.  So, I am also interested if anyone knows of a better
driver for the NX-1000 rainbow.  Perhaps someone at Commodore-Amiga knows
of one?  Any help appreciated...email is fine if you can swing it.

 # Baird McIntosh  "...Why do people choose to live their lives...this way?"  #
 # INTERNET: c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> BITNET: c503719@umcvmb.bitnet #

GORRIEDE@UREGINA1.BITNET (Dennis Robert Gorrie) (10/09/89)

;
; # Baird McIntosh  "...Why do people choose to live their lives...this way?"  #
; # INTERNET: c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> BITNET: c503719@umcvmb.bitnet #
; ; Baird McIntosh      comp.sys.amiga@     10/04/89*star nx-1000 rainbow driver

I have a Star NX-10.  I use the EpsonX[cbm_mps-1250] driver, and I cannot
get bold print in NLQ mode, either.  I have tried printing direct to the
PAR: device, as well as using the panel modes on the printer.  This avoids
the Amiga printer codes and print driver alltogether.  However, I still
cannot get boldface print while in NLQ mode, so it appears the printer is
incapable of it.  It does work in draft mode.

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (10/10/89)

In article <8910082219.AA12466@jade.berkeley.edu> GORRIEDE@UREGINA1.BITNET (Dennis Robert Gorrie) writes:
>;I have a Star NX-1000 Rainbow printer, and I have noticed this problem with
>;the suggested driver also.  Bold characters work fine in DRAFT mode, but they
>;...
I have the Star NX-1000C Rainbow 1.2 drivers (they're PD, and you can get them
off your local BBS...)

--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "No matter how big a straw, you can't suck water up |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  more than 34 feet."                                |