[comp.sys.amiga] 1000 vs 500 controllers

costello@eplrx7.UUCP (costello) (10/11/89)

From article <1989Oct10.133904.19801@uncecs.edu>, by utoddl@uncecs.edu (Todd M. Lewis):
> In article <21@kiere.ericsson.se>, atc_ujr@kiere.ericsson.se writes:
>> 	---->     A590 in A1000 !!!!
>>
>         It was said earlier on the net that it is possible to
>> 	hook up the A590 to the A1000 without ANY extra work.
>
> Actually, you will have to do a small "Machanical Engineering"
> project on the A1000 to get the A590 to fit, but my UNOFFICIAL
> INFORMATION from, er, "someone who should know" is that it
> will work once you trim away a little plastic so that it
> can physically plug in.

	I think this question was asked already but I didn't see an answer
for it....

	If the A590 will fit a 1000 (I know but backwards)  will _any_ 500
HD controller fit (backwards) on a 1000?  I know the details from controller
to controller will vary but as a general rule.  Why haven't the vendors made
noises about this in their advertizing, and why does it seem those vendors
that claim to have both 500 and 1000 (of same name so I'm assuming type)
controllers, charge MORE for 1000 controller?  ( Can the cases really be that
much more expensive?)

	Along the same lines, a while back Perry K. made mention of trying
to plug a Hardframe controller into one of ASDG's Mini-rack boxes, with the
sides cut off, on a 1000.  Did this work? I never heard.  Does this mean the
"slots" of older 1000 expansion boxes are electrically the same as those in
the 2000?  I've got an old Escourt II expansion box, with an empty slot, just
waiting to have it's sides cut off ;-).

Tim Costello
...uunet!eplrx7!costello

The UUCP Mailer