[comp.sys.amiga] bug in AZ?

MSW@mplvax.sri.com (Mark S. Williams) (10/12/89)

I just discovered something strange. I edited my startup-sequence using
the editor "AZ" (ff228). Upon reboot, the workbench screen would not
appear until after I hit the <enter> key. This will happen even if I
just open the file and save it, making no changes. The same procedure
using other editors results in normal operation (of course).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark Williams
msw@mplvax.sri.com

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (10/12/89)

In article <E4IWQG@mplvax.sri.com>, MSW@mplvax.sri.com (Mark S. Williams) writes:
> I just discovered something strange. I edited my startup-sequence using
> the editor "AZ" (ff228). Upon reboot, the workbench screen would not
> appear until after I hit the <enter> key. This will happen even if I
> just open the file and save it, making no changes. The same procedure
> using other editors results in normal operation (of course).
>
> Any ideas?

I haven't noticed anything like that, but I have noticed (on more than one
occasion) that if I save and quit using the menus sometimes I get a software
error requester after AZ has closed up (forcing me to reboot). I haven't
noticed this problem when using the Amiga key equivalents for saving &
quitting.

Another thing which is "not a bug, it's a feature" which I really hate is the
way you have to hit SHIFT-RETURN to split a line. Every other editor in the
world does it with RETURN and that has become very intuitive for me. There
should be an option... but apart from that I love everything about it.
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy%eagle@WESLEYAN.BITNET