[comp.sys.amiga] DiskCopy

brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (10/10/89)

More fundamental than Diskcopying to RAD:

Is there some trick to Diskcopying from DF0: to DF0: that I'm
unaware of?  From either the Workbench OR the CLI, my machine
crashes (white screen, subsequent Ctrl-A-A causes guru)

Amiga 2000 with 1.3ROM, GVP autobooting FFS hard drive, Workbench 1.3.

Diskcopy is Commodore's version, not ARP.

Brian Rhodefer

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (10/13/89)

In article <4893@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM> brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) writes:
>More fundamental than Diskcopying to RAD:
>
>Is there some trick to Diskcopying from DF0: to DF0: that I'm
>unaware of?  From either the Workbench OR the CLI, my machine
>crashes (white screen, subsequent Ctrl-A-A causes guru)
>
>Amiga 2000 with 1.3ROM, GVP autobooting FFS hard drive, Workbench 1.3.

There was a bug; you can make it work by using the NOVERIFY option.
It was fixed for the 1.3.2 release.

		andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

Life gets pretty complex the minute you stop mooing.