[comp.sys.amiga] 2000 KB/ 1000

tlbaltad@pacengr.UUCP (Tim Baltad) (10/11/89)

It appears that the controller used in the 2000 keyboard is the same as used to replace the 1000 controller. Am in proccess of piecing together the rest of the pieces. Any of you C< gurus out there care to help?
P.S. sure hope this won't void the warranty on my 1000 (grin).

Tim

lee@sed170.HAC.COM (John Lee) (10/14/89)

In article <282@pacengr.UUCP> tlbaltad@pacengr.UUCP (Tim Baltad) writes:
>It appears that the controller used in the 2000 keyboard is the same as
>used to replace the 1000 controller. Am in proccess of piecing together
>the rest of the pieces. Any of you C< gurus out there care to help?
>P.S. sure hope this won't void the warranty on my 1000 (grin).
>
>Tim

When I was solving the Transformer keyboard lock up problem on my 2000, I
referred to the Amiga Hardware Manual (the Addison Wesley 1.2 version)
which described the 1000's keyboard.  The signals on the two communication
lines KDAT and KCLK were exactly as described in the book.  For power, the
2000 keyboard uses +5 just like the 1000.  Except for the extra keycodes
and locating the correct wires and putting them in the right places in the
phone connector for the 1000, I don't see be any problem with using the
2000 keyboard for the 1000.

--John
Raining CATS and DOGS?  Join the RATS: Remote Amiga Teleconferencing System
	+--------+			John Lee
	| HUGHES |
	+--------+			ARPAnet: jhlee@hac2arpa.hac.com
	Hughes Aircraft Company
The above opinions are those of the user and not of those of this machine.