[comp.sys.amiga] Monitors and HD for A500 and A1000

douglas@ms.uky.edu (John Douglas Turner) (10/11/89)

I am interested in buying an Amiga500 or maybe a used 1000, but
I want to know if you can use a normal monochrome monitor and
how much does a hard drive and controller cost, ~20-30MB.

I have seen adds for 249-299 for Seagate with controller, is this for
the amiga of IBM?

Also what is the current price for used 1000's?

				john....

--
John Douglas Turner		douglas@ms.uky.edu   or  douglas@UKMA.BITNET
University of Kentucky			{rutgers,uunet}!ukma!douglas

douglas@ms.uky.edu (John Douglas Turner) (10/11/89)

Also, what printers can be used with the amigas?
I just want one for word processing.

--

bakerj@mothra.UUCP (Jon Baker) (10/19/89)

In article <12905@s.ms.uky.edu>, douglas@ms.uky.edu (John Douglas Turner) writes:
> I am interested in buying an Amiga500 or maybe a used 1000, but
> I want to know if you can use a normal monochrome monitor and
Why?  Do you save that much $$$?  I'd suggest that the color is worth it.
At least go for a bottom-of-the-line color monitor.
> how much does a hard drive and controller cost, ~20-30MB.
Count on $500+.  But, get more than 20MB - you'll use that up quickly,
and find yourself buying another HD.
> I have seen adds for 249-299 for Seagate with controller, is this for
> the amiga of IBM?
At that price, must be for IBM.  You've found the Amiga's Achille's Heel.

J.Baker.