[comp.sys.amiga] Inexpensive MIDI keyboard recommendations?

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (10/18/89)

Does anyone have any recommendations for good, inexpensive MIDI keyboards
or synthesizers that could be used with appropriate software and the Amiga?
I am talking about low-budget here, in the less than $300.00 range.  It
could be a new keyboard or if you know of good used keyboard models that
might fall into this price range, that would work too.  Also, which is
preferrable: a digital synthesizer or a digital sampler?  I know the
difference, but which would you prefer and/or which is easier get for a
cheap price?

Any recommendations, comments, or criticisms of various inexpensive keyboards
are welcome.  Please email if possible to avoid cluttering up comp.sys.amiga.

# Baird McIntosh  "...Why do people choose to live their lives...this way?"  #
# INTERNET: c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> BITNET: c503719@umcvmb.bitnet #

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (10/19/89)

In article <1920@nigel.udel.EDU>, C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) writes:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for good, inexpensive MIDI keyboards
> or synthesizers that could be used with appropriate software and the Amiga?
> I am talking about low-budget here, in the less than $300.00 range.  It
> could be a new keyboard or if you know of good used keyboard models that
> # Baird McIntosh  "...Why do people choose to live their lives...this way?"  #

In the newest C.O.M.B. catalog, there is a Yamaha PSS-430 keyboard
for sale at the low cost of $99.  I recently purchased one of these
from K-mart for $129.  It has 99 voices and 99 styles (rythem),
MIDI in and out, percussion, full MIDI control, 16 channels, plus
LOTS more features.  I have successfully used it with the following
software;
Music-X
Sonix
Deluxe Music Construction Set

For the price, this is a GREAT deal..  I do not have the C.O.M.B.
catalog in front of me at the moment, but if anyone is interested
I can dig it up.

(I do not work for COMB, just know a good deal when I see it).

George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221