[comp.sys.amiga] AmiExpo still GO

brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (10/19/89)

I called the 800 number for AmiExpo reservations this morning,
to ask whether Tuesday's earthquake had disrupted the convention.

I was told that the San Jose airport, the convention center,
and AmiExpo's "official" hotel (whatever its name is; I forget)
have all escaped damage from the quake, and that the expo is
therefore still ON for this weekend.

Sorry if this is redundant information, but so far, no postings
on this subject have reached our site.

Brian Rhodefer

admiral%m-5@Sun.COM (Michael Limprecht SUN Microsystems Mt. View Ca.) (10/20/89)

In article <4931@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM>, brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) writes:
> I called the 800 number for AmiExpo reservations this morning,
> to ask whether Tuesday's earthquake had disrupted the convention.
>
> I was told that the San Jose airport, the convention center,
> and AmiExpo's "official" hotel (whatever its name is; I forget)
> have all escaped damage from the quake, and that the expo is
> therefore still ON for this weekend.
>
> Sorry if this is redundant information, but so far, no postings
> on this subject have reached our site.

It looks like most of San Jose/Santa Clara has escaped damage. I'm not sure
about flights into or out of San Francisco Int. Airport. Better check
with your airline if your flight goes there.

Traffic has been pretty good so far and should not be to much of a problem
for the weekend. Friday night could be bad if they decide to close the
San Mateo bridge again.

If anybody from outside the area has any othere questions please ask.

Glad I'm still here and my Amiga still works.

Mick