[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Peripherals Help

tjm@nsscb.UUCP (Timothy J. Murphy) (10/16/89)

	The giver of pain and delight...

	Is my Amiga. I ordered a 2000, but have some periphs left over
from my 1000, notably an ECE midi box and the futuresound digitizer. I
vaguely recall seeing that a simple gender changer is ineffective, but I'm
not sure. Could someome who's already been through the checking let me know
if that's all there is to it, if I need more extensive mods, or if I should
just sell 'em and get 2000-specific periphs...? E-mail is fine, but maybe
someone else needs the same info....

						Tim Murphy

						...!ulysses!nsscb!tjm
							or
						...!sunybcs!nsscb!tjm

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) (10/20/89)

tjm@nsscb.UUCP (Timothy J. Murphy) writes:

>	... I ordered a 2000, but have some periphs left over
>from my 1000, notably an ECE midi box and the futuresound digitizer. I
>vaguely recall seeing that a simple gender changer is ineffective...

The Tranvestor 2000+ from Amicore is a gender bender with a built-in
power supply that corrects the 2000 voltages to that which the 1000
peripherals are expecting.  This is particularly important for digitizers.
Many dealers don't know about this product so if what you are buying does
not cost about $45 it is just a standard parallel gender changer so don't
get it.  Try Go Amigo if not available locally.

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato

"...I turn to my computer       | I press Execute...
 And spend my evenings with it  | `Hello, I know that you've been feeling tired,
 Like a friend.                 | I bring you love and deeper understanding.
 I was loading a new program    | Hello, I know that you're unhappy,
 I had ordered from a magazine. | I bring you love and deeper understanding.'"

                                   KATE BUSH, from the album _The_Sensual_World_