[comp.sys.amiga] Microbiotics StarDrive

JAGBDCD%PANAM.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu (10/23/89)

uucp%"chris@contex.uucp"      "Chris Anderson" writes:

>I've had a StarDrive SCSI interface on my 1000 (inside the StarBoard)
>for some time now but can't get it to work except on commercially available
>and overly expensive Macintrash drives.

[stuff about making cables]

>ACK! What am I doing wrong? Should I just give up and spend the extra $$?
>
>Aside: Microbiotics promised to send me a diagnostic disk but has never
>       done so.

   I've had my StarDrive hooked up to a Seagate ST-277N for a long time now.
But when I first hooked it up, it had similar problems. They went away when
I disabled the parity on the 277N. I had to reread the manual (ie pamphlet)
to find the one sentence in the middle of a paragraph where it says this
action is essential. Hope this helps !

Aaron Gonzalez
JAGBDCD@PANAM.BITNET
Mission,TX