[comp.sys.amiga] Businessgraphics with the Amiga

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (10/03/89)

I finally found something to do business graphics with: Logistix
professional. I got the update today and hadn't much time to look at it
yet. Anyway, it includes quite a lot of different graph types, and
excellent printer drivers that really use your printer. I've tried the HP
Laserjet with 300 dpi, and it looks as good as a Harvard Graphics output.
Of course the program doesn't include so many special features as Harvard
Graphics, but it'll do it until something truly professional (hopefully)
comes for our beloved Amiga.

Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.ccs.imp.com
"Justice is the possession and doing
of what one is entitled to"  -  Platon

amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) (10/07/89)

 wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) writes :

> I finally found something to do business graphics with: Logistix
> professional. I got the update today and hadn't much time to look at it
> yet. Anyway, it includes quite a lot of different graph types, and
> excellent printer drivers that really use your printer. I've tried the HP
> Laserjet with 300 dpi, and it looks as good as a Harvard Graphics output.
> Of course the program doesn't include so many special features as Harvard
> Graphics, but it'll do it until something truly professional (hopefully)
> comes for our beloved Amiga.

   Que ? Logistix was renamed as Superplan as far as I know, I've SP for
   a few months now and am not totally happy with it although it does
   what I want, are there 3D graphics in Logistix Pro ? Is the keyboard
   command respone any faster (slow now) ?

   btw: anyone any comments on The Advantage from Gold Disk, it seems to
        actually have some sort of 3D graphics.

   Business packages seems to become more available now, Project Master
   looks good too. Now if there would be some chart programs I could throw
   out that MesSy-dos thing :-)

  -* Michel ----- RoachaToyllah of Lightnin' Roach AppRoach test labs
      hp4nl!neabbs!amichel@uunet.uu.net | Just speaking for myself.

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (10/11/89)

amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) writes:

>   Business packages seems to become more available now, Project Master
>   looks good too. Now if there would be some chart programs I could throw
>   out that MesSy-dos thing :-)

Have you actually seen Project Master?  Could you either post or EMail
a little more info than what's in the "data sheet"?  What did you like
about it, and what did you dislike?

>  -* Michel ----- RoachaToyllah of Lightnin' Roach AppRoach test labs
>      hp4nl!neabbs!amichel@uunet.uu.net | Just speaking for myself.
>----------

Tom Bruhns
tomb%hplsla@hplabs.hp.com

hcmutt@hpcll31.HP.COM (Harry Muttart) (10/24/89)

I've seen a couple of shareware things that may be helpful.

I have not used either but have browsed the "Chart" program.

There is a program called AmiGantt, which allows nesting of projects (to achieve
adequate sizes).  Supposedly supports mouse input.

There is a program called ChartMaster which seems to have a very nice
interface.  I cannot vouch for print quality (no time, yet).  But could be a
real gem.  Supports pie and bar (2-D/3-D) charts.

Found ChartMaster on AmigaWorld's ToolBench disk and AmiGannt on one of the
recent fish disks.

Harry Muttart  (the Amiga is just a hobby)
hcmutt@hpda.HP.COM