[comp.sys.amiga] best wishes to Earthquake-bound Amigans)

msiskin@shogun.us.cc.umich.edu (Marc Siskin) (10/23/89)

In article <8910231005.AA07494@sorinc.PacBell.COM> magik@sorinc.PacBell.COM (Darrin A. Hyrup) writes:

>>Same here.  Also, I'd like to know how the other Amigans in that area are doing.
>
>I talked with Matt this evening and he's doing well. There wasn't a whole
>lot of damage in the Berkeley area. More folks were scared than hurt.
>
>>I kept hearing on the news that Los Gatos was near to the center of the
>>earthquake.  I also remember hearing that, thankfully, no one was killed
>>there.
>
>The epicenter isn't too far away from Los Gatos. In the Santa Cruz mountains
>near the reservoir. There is plenty of damage, and lots of hurt folks, but
>from what I've been able to tell, no deaths and its gonna take a LOT of $$$
>to get that area in shape again.
>
>>Wasn't Commodore/Amiga West Coast located in Los Gatos?
>
>Not sure, but don't Dale Luck and Rob Peck also live in Los Gatos? Funny
>thing is when I heard the quake was centered in the Los Gatos region that
>too was the first thought across my mind. ("I hope Amiga West, Boing (Dale
>Luck), and Rob Peck made it through!")  ;-)
>
>>Rodney Ricks,	 Morehouse Software Group
>
>		Darrin
>--
  Dale Luck was in Ann Arbor Michigan during the Quake attending the EDUCOM
show for Commodore.  I met him on Monday as he was showing off his Color X11
hooked up to AMIX on a '030 2500UX.  It looked and ran very well.  I talked
with some of the other Commodore People at the suite on Wednesday and heard
that Dale's family was OK and that Dale was headed to a meeting in Westchester
on Thursday.

If anyone is interested, I will post some information I got about CBM's
educational efforts for the upcoming year.

     Marc Siskin aka Msiskin@shogun.us.cc.umich.edu

In article <1989Oct23.150507.7706@terminator.cc.umich.edu> msiskin@shogun.UUCP (Marc Siskin) writes:
->If anyone is interested, I will post some information I got about CBM's
->educational efforts for the upcoming year.
->
->     Marc Siskin aka Msiskin@shogun.us.cc.umich.edu

Yes, please do!

 Joe Porkka   porkka@frith.egr.msu.edu