[comp.sys.amiga] More Serial Ports

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (10/25/89)

"Scot L. Harris" <scot@amigash.uucp> writes:

> I am currently in the market for at least one additional serial port.
> (want to have Dnet and a modem hooked up at the same time.  Heck I just
> realized that Matt is the one that is going to cost me some money! <grin>)

Why doesn't some bright hacker come up with a way to use the second
mouse/joystick port as another serial port (with appropriate cable).
Might not work at real high baud rates, but it should suffice for
running a security system or a weather moritoring system while leaving
the primary serial port available for use a modem or printer.

   --- Cal

   //  Cal Jones - Internet:  <Jones@UV4.Eglin.AF.Mil>   or
 \X/               BBS:  904-243-6219  1200-9600HST  340Meg, all Amiga
  NW Florida's first Amiga BBS running on NW Florida's FIRST AMIGA!