[comp.sys.amiga] IFF -> X; X -> IFF ?

jwabik@uc.msc.umn.edu (Jeff Wabik) (10/16/89)

Are there any tools in existence to convert or display IFF to X, and/or
X to IFF?  I haven't looked at coding this myself, but I'd assume it'd
be very similar to "xgif"...

Thanks ...

	-Jeff

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (10/17/89)

In article <620@uc.msc.umn.edu> jwabik@uc.msc.umn.edu (Jeff Wabik) writes:
>Are there any tools in existence to convert or display IFF to X, and/or
>X to IFF?  I haven't looked at coding this myself, but I'd assume it'd
>be very similar to "xgif"...

Try the pbm and fbm utilities.  That have pbm to x-bitmaps utilities, and an
IFF to PBM utility (fbcat).
I forget the ftp address where they may be found...
--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "No matter how big a straw, you can't suck water up |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  more than 34 feet."                                |

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (10/27/89)

In article <620@uc.msc.umn.edu> jwabik@uc.msc.umn.edu (Jeff Wabik) writes:
>Are there any tools in existence to convert or display IFF to X, and/or
>X to IFF?

There is a complete set of programs in the Amiga X11 product from
GfxBase.
The program xpr (X printer driver) has an optional -device iff
which will generate an iff file from an X Window Dump file.
GfxBase also provides programs to convert pbm (portable bitmap)
files to and from iff.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale