[comp.sys.amiga] Request for info on PageStream and Pro. Page

FAC5@dayton.saic.com (Mark Osbourne) (10/30/89)

I would like to receive user's impressions of the PageStream and Professional
Page desktop publishing packages.  I do not yet have access to a laser printer
so that may figure in to your comments.  Also, if anyone has information about
comparable (or better, with similar price) products, send those comments to me.

I will post a summary of comments, if there are requests mailed to me.

Thanks,
--
-- Mark Osbourne                           uucp: ...!uunet!dayvb!fac5
-- SAIC, Dayton, Ohio, Internet: fac5%dayvb@uunet.uu.net,fac5@dayton.saic.com

currier@wang.UUCP (Ronald Currier) (10/31/89)

The latest issue of AmigoTimes has an in depth comparision of the two
packages. I personally use PageStream, but be warned that it is still
buggy. A new upgrade (free to registered owners) is promised RSN. BTW,
if you are doing any sort of DTP on the Amiga, AmigoTimes is a great
resource. The entire mag is published using Amigas and Pro Page, and
always contains a lot of DTP info.

			- Ron

mitchell@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Evan Mitchell) (10/31/89)

In article <622@wang.UUCP> currier@wang.UUCP (Ronald Currier) writes:

>The latest issue of AmigoTimes has an in depth comparision of the two
>packages. I personally use PageStream, but be warned that it is still
>buggy. A new upgrade (free to registered owners) is promised RSN. BTW,
>if you are doing any sort of DTP on the Amiga, AmigoTimes is a great
>resource. The entire mag is published using Amigas and Pro Page, and
>always contains a lot of DTP info.
>
>			- Ron

I also like AmigoTimes.  I think it looks better than ANY other Amiga magazine.
However, I don't buy it.  Why?  $9.95 is too much to pay for a magazine.  They
really should drop the disk, especially since it doesn't seem to contain
original programs (ala Compute's Amiga Resource or Amiga +).  I would spend
mayber $4.95 for it.

-Evan

|    Evan Jay Mitchell                 EECS/ERL Industrial Liaison Program    |
|    mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu       University of California at Berkeley   |
|    Phone: (415) 643-6687                                                    |
|              "Think, it ain't illegal...yet!" - George Clinton              |

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (10/31/89)

   Check out the current issue of AmigoTimes.  It has a comparison of
Professional Page and Pagestream which includes dot matrix, typeset and
color separation examples.  Very interesting.
                                          Julie (LadyHawke@cup.portal.com)