[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Magazine Ads - TIME

swan@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Joel Swan) (10/25/89)

Spotted : 7 page Amiga ad
Magazine: Time
Date    : October 30, 1989 issue
Location: Midwest region?  (Chicago area)

On a fluke (wishing maybe?) I flipped through a Time magazine at the store.
On page 9 began a 7 page ad for the Amiga Computer.  Nothing glitzy
just some warm fuzzy photos and some low key copy pointing out the Amiga
as the computer for the creative mind.

The target?  Showing the Amiga as an exceptional HOME/WORK-AT-HOME computer.

Now if I could spot one of the TV ads :-)

Joel

pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) (10/30/89)

Watch prime-time Fox and you'll see the Amiga ads. 21 Jumpstreet, Married
With Children, even during David Letterman on NBC. I'm seeing them regularly
during these shows.

 ProLine: pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID              | Pro-Graphics  24hrs
    UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID | 201/469-0049 3/12/24
ARPA/DDN: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID@nosc.mil

swan@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Joel Swan) (10/31/89)

:
:_______________________________________________________________________________
:
: ProLine: pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID              | Pro-Graphics  24hrs
:    UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID | 201/469-0049 3/12/24
:ARPA/DDN: crash!pnet01!pro-generic!pro-graphics!loginID@nosc.mil

And now the $64,000 question - Where do you live?
Here in the Chicago area, I've seen all of these shows, and some many times
since 10/16, no sighting of the ads yet.  As it has been pointed out, the
ads are being distributed locally, and NOT nationally as we had been led to
believe.  The only national distribution may be by superstations.  I've even
tried to force myself to watch MTV, but no ads yet here in the midwest.

Joel