[comp.sys.amiga] Results of alt.sources renaming poll

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (11/01/89)

In article <1989Nov1.044114.1532@rpi.edu>, tale@pawl.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:
> It's been roughly a week since I called for the poll and the results
> are in.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> The poll seems to indicate that people are willing to try the name
> change; it leans toward alt.source[-.]code.  Unless someone has major
> problems with this, I think an rmgroup for alt.sources and a newgroup
> for alt.source-code should appear in about a week.

Please bear in mind that there also exist *this* group (alt.sources.d),
and alt.sources.amiga.

If you want to create a new group that doesn't live under alt.sources,
well and good.  Or if you want a new sub.group under alt.sources, that's
fine too.

But please DON'T rmgroup alt.sources itself, as there are already sub.groups
living under that umbrella ...!

If by chance rmgroup'ing alt.sources would leave the subgroups intact, then
I apologize for this small waste of net.bandwidth.

Thanks!

/kim

P.S.  Crossposted to comp.sys.amiga, so folks there will know of this potential
      change.
--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim