[comp.sys.amiga] Clock fix?

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (10/30/89)

Could someone please email me the fix for the "Battery Backed Up Clock
Not Found" problem?  I neglected to save that, and a friend has run
into it.  Thanks...

Ned Schultz    nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

veenu@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (veenu.r.rashid) (10/31/89)

In article <1989Oct29.213010.5320@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W Schultz) writes:

>Could someone please email me the fix for the "Battery Backed Up Clock
>Not Found" problem?  I neglected to save that, and a friend has run
>into it.  Thanks...
>
>Ned Schultz    nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

  I seem to have the same problem in my Amiga.. Could someone mail me the fix
(binary or Lattice source please).  I'd also be interested if anyone has a quick
explanation of how it works, or what the problem in the Amiga might be.

Thanks very much,

ruze@mtfmi.ATT.COM    -or-      att!mtfmi!ruze

mdinn@ac.dal.ca (10/31/89)

> In article <1989Oct29.213010.5320@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W Schultz) writes:
>>
>>Could someone please email me the fix for the "Battery Backed Up Clock
>>Not Found" problem?  I neglected to save that, and a friend has run
>>into it.  Thanks...
>>
>>Ned Schultz    nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

Since people seem to be screaming for this program, if nobody objects and I
post it to this newsgroup... the UUEncoded file is a grand total of 3949 bytes.
Any objections? If you don't want it posted, just keep mailing me with
requests...

 Anyone have any ideas WHY this happens to A500/2000 clocks?

 Michael Dinn
 MDINN@DALAC
 MDINN@AC.DAL.CA

esker@abaa.uucp (Lawrence Esker) (11/01/89)

In article <878@ac.dal.ca> MDINN@AC.DAL.CA writes:
>> In article <1989Oct29.213010.5320@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W Schultz) writes:
>>>Could someone please email me the fix for the "Battery Backed Up Clock
>>>Not Found" problem?
>Since people seem to be screaming for this program, if nobody objects and I
>post it to this newsgroup... the UUEncoded file is a grand total of 3949 bytes.

Please, this tread is getting too long.  One of the things supposadely fixed
in the WB 1.3.2 is a SetClock that will reset the clock properly when the
above problem occurs.

If WB 1.3.2 still didn't fix it, then tell me wher to shove it.  But why use
a hack when the latest version of the OS doesn't need it?  (Besides fixing
other problems.)

But then, 3949 bytes isn't much.  Post it cause we already exceeded that number
in "Me too" posts to the world.
--
---------- Lawrence W. Esker ----------  Modern Amish: Thou shalt not need any
                                         computer that is not IBM compatible.