[comp.sys.amiga] Just a litttle tidbit....

consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) (10/26/89)

I'm taking a course here at SUNY-Binghamton called "History of the Future."
Today's topic was all about the world economy, and how multi-national
corporations (MNCs) are really quite powerful in world economies (and thus
world politics).

The professor gave us a whole list of statistics comparing the GNP/per capita
of a few countries and the profit of some MNCs.  Here's the few that I thought
were interesting:

	IBM:	(The 4th largest corporation in the world.)
		They make as much money as BANGLADESH and PAKISTAN
		PUT TOGETHER.

	GE:	Makes more more money than all of EGYPT.

	AT&T:	Makes more money than either PORTUGAL or PERU.

So.  Just where does Commodore-Amiga stand?

+-------///---------------------------------------------------------\\\-------+
|      ///                       BRETT KESSLER                       \\\      |
|     ///        E-Mail to: consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu        \\\     |
| \\\///                and to: consp11@bingvaxa.BITNET                \\\/// |
|  \XX/                   or on PeopleLink: B.KESSLER                   \XX/  |

don@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Donald R Lloyd) (10/26/89)

   Ummmm.... more than Middletown, Delaware?

--
  Gibberish             .sig for sale or lease.
  is spoken             Contact don@vax1.acs.udel.edu for more information.

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (10/28/89)

In article <2582@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) writes:
|[...]
|	IBM:	(The 4th largest corporation in the world.)
|		They make as much money as BANGLADESH and PAKISTAN
|		PUT TOGETHER.
|
|	GE:	Makes more more money than all of EGYPT.
|
|	AT&T:	Makes more money than either PORTUGAL or PERU.
|
|So.  Just where does Commodore-Amiga stand?

	C=:	Makes more money than COEUR D'ALENE, IDAHO.

--
  .::.	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \@@/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu

bevis@EE.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Jeff Bevis) (10/29/89)

In article <2582@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) writes:
>	GE:	Makes more more money than all of EGYPT.
>
>	AT&T:	Makes more money than either PORTUGAL or PERU.
>
>So.  Just where does Commodore-Amiga stand?

	CBM:	Makes more money than all the African Bushmen tribes.

:-(

+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| Jeff Bevis 		         | "But I don't like spam!"		      |
| bevis@en.ecn.purdue.edu	 | 	     Give me Amiga or nothing at all. |
+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

pete@i-core.UUCP (Pete Ashdown) (10/31/89)

Commodore-Amiga makes more money than the city of Moscow.  Of course,
this is Moscow, Idaho that I'm talking about and not Moscow, CCCP.

In article <8910290308.AA02915@en.ecn.purdue.edu> bevis@EE.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Jeff Bevis) writes:
>In article <2582@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) writes:
>>	GE:	Makes more more money than all of EGYPT.
>>	AT&T:	Makes more money than either PORTUGAL or PERU.
>>So.  Just where does Commodore-Amiga stand?

This is an error! governments do not *make* money, they spend it.
The comparison is invalid in respect to IBM, GE and AT&T. It does sound like
CBM however.
:-)

--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
To err is human. To forgive is unusual.

bryan@cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer @ Wit's End) (11/02/89)

In article <1214@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
=-In article <8910290308.AA02915@en.ecn.purdue.edu> bevis@EE.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Jeff Bevis) writes:
=->In article <2582@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Optimist Prime) writes:
=->>	GE:	Makes more more money than all of EGYPT.
=->>	AT&T:	Makes more money than either PORTUGAL or PERU.
=->>So.  Just where does Commodore-Amiga stand?
=-
=-This is an error! governments do not *make* money, they spend it.
=-The comparison is invalid in respect to IBM, GE and AT&T. It does sound like
=-CBM however.
=-:-)
=-
	Who said anything about governments?  They're talking about gross
domestic product.

cogswell@egrunix.UUCP (Dan Cogswell) (11/02/89)

In article <1989Oct30.220345.9185@i-core.UUCP> pete@i-core.UUCP (Pete Ashdown)
writes:
>Commodore-Amiga makes more money than the city of Moscow.  Of course,
>this is Moscow, Idaho that I'm talking about and not Moscow, CCCP.

This wasn't *supposed* to be funny, was it??