[comp.sys.amiga] Help with Sample Downloading

klb3088@ultb.UUCP (K.L. Bell) (10/28/89)

[First posting, hope it works...]

I am going to purchase an Ensoniq Mirage in the near future,
and would like to be able to transfer samples between the Mirage and Amiga,
both ways.  I have seen Synthia Professional and know it will
transfer created samples to the EPS.  But I don't have the funds
for a program that retails for $495, nor the EPS.
I was hoping there might be a
utility that will download samples from the Amiga to the Mirage
through MIDI.  It seems reasonable, since both are 8-bit machines.

What I was thinking is that I could get by with the old Synthia,
using it to synthesize the sounds and then download them to the
Mirage.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

PS On a related note, I could have purchased Synthia Pro for
   $75 at the World of Commodore Show.  Some dealer had it
   miss marked at $75, instead of the $2-300 price.  What
   really sucks is that I could have bought it for that price,
   but I had to go open my big mouth and ask what the reatil price
   was.  They looked it up and said, sorry we can't sell it
   at that price.  Of course, being a student I couldn't afford
   what they offered it to me for ( $197, 'at cost' )  So I
   had to leave and kick myself all the way home. :-(

.signature goes here, but I am not sure of the path, sorry.

barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) (10/31/89)

In article <1493@ultb.UUCP> klb3088@ultb.UUCP (K.L. Bell) writes:
>I am going to purchase an Ensoniq Mirage in the near future,
>and would like to be able to transfer samples between the Mirage and Amiga,

	There is a program called MIDI SOUND OASIS that allows you to
read Ensoniq Mirage disks on the Amiga disk drive.  It is a commercial
product.
	I have never used it, though.

                                                        Dan

 //////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
| Dan Barrett     -      Systems Administrator, Computer Science Department |
| The Johns Hopkins University, 34th and Charles Sts., Baltimore, MD  21218 |
| INTERNET:   barrett@cs.jhu.edu           | UUCP:   barrett@jhunix.UUCP    |
| COMPUSERVE: >internet:barrett@cs.jhu.edu | BITNET: barrett@jhuvms.bitnet  |

klb3088@ultb.UUCP (K.L. Bell) (11/04/89)

I am aware of the program Sound Oasis, but it is not exactly what I am
looking for.  I am more interested in being able to send Amiga samples
to the Mirage through MIDI.  I know Synthia Professional can do it
with the EPS, but I cannot afford  either.  I was hoping to be able
to use the original Synthia to create the instruments and then download
them to the Mirgage for increased fidelity.