[comp.sys.amiga] Amigas in Nightclubs.

stevep@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Steve Paine) (10/30/89)

Does anyone know of any nightclubs (especially in England, UK) that are using
Amigas at all? Or of any companys that have any applications aimed at the club/
disco market?

Thanks for any help.

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (11/05/89)

In article <495@galadriel.bt.co.uk> stevep@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Steve Paine) writes:
>Does anyone know of any nightclubs (especially in England, UK) that are using
>Amigas at all? Or of any companys that have any applications aimed at the club/
>disco market?
>
>Thanks for any help.

As a matter of fact, yes. Unfortunately I am talking about Los Angeles, not
England. My own company (Vampyr Video) does just that. I am currently running
several different kinds of things on the Amiga for nightclubs.

First of all is promotional animations. I will digitize flyers, and other
create relevent graphics and create animations to loop throughout the night
promoting upcoming bands and/or events at the club. This is then projected
onto a large screen.

In addition to these types of animations I provide live VJ'ing for clubs. I
have a portable video rack WHICH INCLUDES AN AMIGA where I can switch live
from 4 video decks as well as overlaying Amiga graphics on top of running
videos or run just Amiga graphics with separate sound. This I will either
project onto a large screen in a separate (from dancing) video room and/or
strategically place monitors throughout the clubs to carry the images.

When there isn't a separate video room available I will usually run the promos
mentioned above in the dance room, sometimes synchronizing videos to the dance
music, sometimes manipulating real time amiga graphics and images.

I currently work for 2 clubs, several nights a week in Los Angeles. If you
need more information or have other questions feel free to e-mail me.

Sean Schur		      \   \    /      /
				 \  /a\mpyr/
				  \/   \  / ideo
					\/