[comp.sys.amiga] CDN C= Warrantees: Was Re: Mail Order Companies

hugh@kink.UUCP (Hugh D. Gamble @ Phaedra V's Amiga 2500) (11/05/89)

In article <1764@ntmtka.mn.org> steve@ntmtka.mn.org (Steve Wahl) writes:
>In article <AZH_tfS00Xs18bv0Yz@andrew.cmu.edu> sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) writes:
>>P.S. I read somewhere that Amigas are warranted for only 90 days.
>>That's strange, because on my Amiga 2000's waraanty card, it said that
>>my computer was warranted for ONE YEAR!
                               ^^^^^^^^
>I've heard two things: 1) Montgomery Grant is no longer an official Amiga
>dealer, and must get their computers from other sources than Commodore (other
>dealerships selling out or reducing inventory, for instance).  2) Amigas get
>a one year waranty in Canada (as opposed to 90 days in the US).

>Is it possible that Sun got an Amiga 2000 that Montgomery Grant somehow
>picked up in Canada?  Or am I missing something?  I had heard that even
>though Commodore was honoring a one-year waranty in Canada, the waranty cards
>still said 90 days.

That certainly was true, though it may have changed, now.
Shortly after sending in the Warrantee card for an A2000, I mentioned
something about the 90 day warrantee in the electronic presence of
a Commodore Canada representative, who pointed out a little defensively
that it was actually 1 year.  It definitely read 90 days though.

Commodore Canada is pretty much on the ball about most things though,
so the one year warrantee may now *say* one year.

>I have yet to read the waranty card on my '2000 very closely...

Tsk, tsk :-)

P.S.  Your posting had a usa distribution *not* a na distribution.
For starters that cuts down your odds of getting back much response
from the Canadian net contingent.  I realize that there are postings
not of interest to all of a world distribution, but most postings with
a usa distribution would probably be suited to a na distribution
(us Canadians want to keep an eye on you guys :-)

>--
>Steve Wahl
>Northern Telecom, Inc.       (612) 932-8079
>S-100, 9701 Data Park        steve@ntmtka.mn.org
>Minnetonka, MN 55343         {rosevax,bungia}!ntmtka!steve

.

# Hugh D. Gamble (416) 267-6159  No Disclaimers.
# hugh@kink.UUCP
# ...and if pigs had airfare they could fly.