[comp.sys.amiga] Can't run _Terrain_ on a stock 2000. Why?

strasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu ( Colin J. Strasser.) (11/02/89)

I'm having a problem getting Matt Dillon's fractal demo _Terrain_ to run on
my 1 meg 2000 (w/ external floppy).  It gives me an "Insufficient free store"
error no matter how much memory and/or stack I give it (up to a meg, of
course!).  I checked out the source real quick and I didn't spot any huge
memory-eating bits, so I was wondering what I'm doing wrong.

					-Colin

Colin Strasser				University of Pennsylvania
strasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu		Moore School of Electrical Engineering
CI$: 72447,1650				Class of '90 -- Penn's 250th year!

dooley@helios.physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin Dooley) (11/02/89)

In article <16268@netnews.upenn.edu> strasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP ( Colin J. Strasser.) writes:
>I'm having a problem getting Matt Dillon's fractal demo _Terrain_ to run on
>my 1 meg 2000 (w/ external floppy).  It gives me an "Insufficient free store"
>error no matter how much memory and/or stack I give it (up to a meg, of

It works fine for me on the same hardware.  What parameters are you giving
it on the command line?  Note that the amount of memory required for a
picture goes up very quickly (geometrically?) with these values so it
doesn't take too long before you're trying to allocate more than what
you have in your stack.
		Kevin

--
 Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
 Physics Dept.        BITNET - dooley@utorphys

ywcheun@cs.vu.nl (Cheung Y W) (11/07/89)

Hello everybody,

Can somebody give me information where I can get the sources or
binaries of the ZOO archiver? Please sent me personally a mail
because I don't always read this newsgroup.

Y-W Cheung (ywcheun@.cs.vu.nl)