[comp.sys.amiga] Installing Wordperfect

tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.edu (Tim Desjardins) (11/03/89)

    I have a quick question about the new maintenance release of Wordperfect.
When you select print control and you have wp set up for a custom screen, the
print control requestor pops up in the workbench screen and not the custom
screen. This behaviour is very annoying. Did I do anything wrong in installing
wp or is this a feature/bug.
    This is the only problem I've had so far, otherwise I'm impressed with the
update.

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.
Tim Desjardins.
tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.{edu|cdn}

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (11/03/89)

From article <17751@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, by tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.edu (Tim Desjardins):

>     I have a quick question about the new maintenance release of Wordperfect.
> When you select print control and you have wp set up for a custom screen, the
> print control requestor pops up in the workbench screen and not the custom
> screen. This behaviour is very annoying. Did I do anything wrong in installing
> wp or is this a feature/bug.

     I would guess it's a bug.  Since the Print rpogram is separate it
probably doesn't look at the defaults you setup when you installed
WordPerfect.

>     This is the only problem I've had so far, otherwise I'm impressed with the
> update.

     Try starting the print program from the Workbench, then putting more
than one job in the print queue at a time.  When I try it the current copy
number changes to "1 of 16" and the binding width gets clobbered.  Has
anybody else seen that?  I would guess it does the same thing if you select
the print menu from WordPerfect, but I haven't tried it yet.

     Has anyone tried using the Star NX-1000 printer driver to print
Print:Printer.Tst?  I get several "printer trouble" requesters before
reaching the section on underline styles.  Then, instead of the
underlining, I get about three garbage characters, a form feed, 3 more
garbage characters, etc.  I stopped after five pages, so I don't know how
long that goes on.

     In version 4.1.9 I had a problem if I printed the current document
from the WordPerfect print menu.  After I shut down the WP disk icon
wouldn't go away.  Version 4.1.11 seems to have corrected this, but now I
have a similar problem when I print from the Print: disk.  The disk icon
for the documents I printed won't go away.  It looks like the print program
is failing to Unlock something.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
  813-823-2350

UUCP: ...uunet!pdn!jc3b21!fgd3

hrlaser@sactoh0.UUCP (Harv R. Laser) (11/04/89)

In article <17751@watdragon.waterloo.edu> tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.edu (Tim Desjardins) writes:

>    I have a quick question about the new maintenance release of Wordperfect.
>When you select print control and you have wp set up for a custom screen, the
>print control requestor pops up in the workbench screen and not the custom
>screen. This behaviour is very annoying. Did I do anything wrong in installing
>wp or is this a feature/bug.
>    This is the only problem I've had so far, otherwise I'm impressed with the
>update.

It's annoying but it's the way PRINT is supposed to work. Up till
the new release, WP always ran on the WorkBench screen.  Now you
can run it on its own custom screen, as you've discovered. However
all of WPCorp's other Amiga products can use the PRINT program so
when invoked, PRINT opens up on the WB screen.  Suppose you were
printing from WP, and then decided to run P-Edit or CAL or NB and
print from them but you wanted to close WordPerfect? Well if
PRINT's window was on WP's screen horrible things might happen. So
PRINT lives on the WorkBench screen when it's running so that the
other WP products can  use it at the same time, and after using it,
any of them can be shut down without causing fireworks.

>Have a nice day.

I'll try. You do the same!

--
| Harv Laser                  |  SAC-UNIX, Sacramento, Ca.  |
| People/Link: CBM*HARV       |  UUCP=...pacbell!sactoh0    |

a23@mindlink.UUCP (Joel Murray) (11/04/89)

> tdesjardins writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <17751@watdragon.waterloo.edu>
>
> Org.  : U. of Waterloo, Ontario
> Person: Tim Desjardins
>

>     I have a quick question about the new maintenance release of Wordperfect.
> When you select print control and you have wp set up for a custom screen, the
> print control requestor pops up in the workbench screen and not the custom
> screen. This behaviour is very annoying. Did I do anything wrong in
> installing
> wp or is this a feature/bug.
>     This is the only problem I've had so far, otherwise I'm impressed with
> the
> update.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Have a nice day.
> Tim Desjardins.
> tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.{edu|cdn}

It seems to be a feature/bug.  It happened to me, too, so I assume Wordperfect
been programmed to do that.

I'm impressed with the update but disappointed as well in that I still have to
execute a script to turn off the auto-activate feature of DMouse...

    //    ///      CIS: 73200,3117
  \X/oel ///urray  Usenet: a23@mindlink.UUCP

33014-18@sjsumcs.sjsu.edu (Eduardo Horvath) (11/07/89)

In article <785@jc3b21.UUCP> fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) writes:
[...]
>     Try starting the print program from the Workbench, then putting more
>than one job in the print queue at a time.  When I try it the current copy
>number changes to "1 of 16" and the binding width gets clobbered.  Has
>anybody else seen that?  I would guess it does the same thing if you select
>the print menu from WordPerfect, but I haven't tried it yet.

Yes, I was subject to just that problem last night.  It happens from both
the print utility and from WP.  I haven't had an opportunity to call with a bug report yet.

>--Fabbian Dufoe
>  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
>  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
>  813-823-2350
>
>UUCP: ...uunet!pdn!jc3b21!fgd3

         //x                                    =  "When things are blackest,
        /// \	Try:  33014-18@sjsumcs.SJSU.EDU =  I just tell myself `cheer
       ///   \                                  =  up, things could be worse!'
      ///     \		Eduardo Horvath		=       And sure enough,
\\\  ///=======\ 				= 	they get worse!"
 \\\///         \				=  	     -The Great Skeeve
  \xxx           \miga. The computer for the corruptive mind.