--
        From: {sharkey!rjf001,clip!m-net}!sno-1!sno
        Stephen N. Opal   (313) 572-1610

jac@muslix.llnl.gov (James Crotinger) (11/07/89)

  The VLT Docs are written in TeX format, which is why they are not
distributed with VLT. The .dvi file is available on BIX. There is also
a de-TeX'ed version floating around.  None of these have been updated
for a very long time, so they are a bit dated. They probably are
available at an FTP site somewhere. Anybody know where?

  Jim

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (11/07/89)

This message is empty.

mjl@ut-emx.UUCP (Maurice LeBrun) (11/07/89)

In article <37760@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> jac@muslix.UUCP (James Crotinger) writes:

>  The VLT Docs are written in TeX format, which is why they are not
>distributed with VLT. The .dvi file is available on BIX. There is also
>a de-TeX'ed version floating around.  None of these have been updated
>for a very long time, so they are a bit dated. They probably are
>available at an FTP site somewhere. Anybody know where?

The human-readable form of the (rather old) docs is available by
anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu as:
  /usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/comm/vltstory.uu*.Z

The document in TeX form (vlttex.zoo) was archived at both
gtss.gatech.edu and swan.ulowell.edu, but these copies seem to be gone.
I have this archive handy but am unwilling to mail out copies; however
I'd be glad to stick it in an ftp archive somewhere (xanth?) if that
would help.

Maurice LeBrun                Institute for Fusion Studies
mjl@fusion.ph.utexas.edu      University of Texas at Austin

jac@muslix.llnl.gov (James Crotinger) (11/07/89)

  The problem is that the TeX source and the .dvi file are huge. I'm
not at home so I can't check for sure, but I think the manual is
80-100 pages. I seem to recall that the .dvi file was about 250K, but
it's been awhile so that may be off. Anyway, since most people
probably don't have a way to print these, they are distributed
seperately. Also, it'd be wasteful to distribute the entire manual
(TeX'd or not) with every version of VLT since the manual isn't
changing.