[comp.sys.amiga] HARDCOPY wanted asap

MCARTSHA@UREGINA1.BITNET (Shan Mcarthur) (11/05/89)

     Hello.  I have a slight problem; I need to document the RUN of my
assignment that I have programmed on the Amiga.  I will be writting more
assignments on it, and I hear the program called HARDCOPY could help me with my
task.  I hear it is somewhere in the Fish Disk Ocean, but I have no access
to FTP from here.  If anyone out there has access to it, please contact me.
This means alot to me.  Thanks for your time.
Shan McArthur

Shan Mcarthur in <8911051240.AA08793@jade.berkeley.edu> writes:

	Hello.  I have a slight problem; I need to document the RUN of my
	assignment that I have programmed on the Amiga.  I will be writting
	more assignments on it, and I hear the program called HARDCOPY could
	help me with my task.  I hear it is somewhere in the Fish Disk Ocean,
	but I have no access to FTP from here.  If anyone out there has access
	to it, please contact me.  This means alot to me.  Thanks for your
	time.  Shan McArthur

HARDCOPY may be found on Fish Disk #75; see the ls and POSTER attached.  The
program is neat and I, too, use it for documentation of sessions (in fact, the
attachment to this posting was produced using HARDCOPY).

HOWEVER: due to "something" unbeknownst to me, HARDCOPY does *NOT* function
with ConMan (any version), and I've heard that it also doesn't function in
conjunction with other console daemons.  The problem (dysfunction) also is
evident with RollBack and ConMan.  RollBack (by Andry Rachmat) permits one to
use the mouse to scroll down the CLI window to see what's gone off the top.

If someone would like to look into the problem (HARDCOPY not working with
ConMan), I'd be happy to email the sources if FF#75 isn't available to you.
Perhaps Bill Hawes (ConMan, AREXX, etc.) may have some ideas; I don't get on
BIX too often, so if someone could pose the question to him on our behalf ...

In any event, here's what I have (from Usenet) and what's on the Fish Disk:

CLI2> ls -l src:HardCopy
----ar-e- 87-05-13 04:01:44   29    14784 hardcopy
----ar-e- 87-05-13 03:58:24   30    15309 hardcopy.c
----ar-e- 88-06-05 05:00:02   30    15308 hardcopy.c-manx
----ar-e- 87-05-13 03:58:22   27    13396 hardcopy.doc
----ar-e- 88-06-05 05:05:17    1      123 makefile.manx
----ar-e- 87-05-13 03:56:38    2      929 POSTER
Dirs:0    Files:6    Blocks:119   Bytes:59849
CLI2> ls -l AmigaLibDisk75:HardCopy
-----rwed 87-05-28 21:55:48   31    14784 hardcopy
-----rwed 87-05-28 21:55:59   32    15309 hardcopy.c
-----rwed 87-05-28 21:55:54   28    13396 hardcopy.doc
-----rwed 87-05-28 21:56:09   43    20724 hardcopy.uue
-----rwed 87-05-28 21:56:01    2      900 POSTER
-----rwed 87-05-28 21:55:43    2      938 POSTER2
Dirs:0    Files:6    Blocks:138   Bytes:66051
CLI2> type src:HardCopy/POSTER
File: 4646.comp-sys-amiga
From: dpvc@ur-tut.UUCP (David Cervone)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: HARDCOPY of CLI sessions
Date: 11 May 87 17:00:53 GMT

[If you can read this, there ain't no line-eater bug]

Well, here's a little program that uses Phillip Lindsay's MONPROC idea to
create a hardcopy transcript of any CLI session.  See the documentation for
details.  I thought it made a good, real-life example of the techniques used
in MONPROC.  Hope someone finds this useful!

Davide P. Cervone
University of Rochester Computing Center            DPVC@UORDBV.BITNET
Taylor Hall                                         dpvc@tut.cc.rochester.EDU
Rochester, New York  14627                          dpvc@ur-tut.UUCP