[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 2000 w/ Xenix

vcp6840@ultb.UUCP (V.C. Povilaitis) (10/31/89)

Hello, All,

	I have recently sold my Atari ST and am looking into getting
some new UNIX box.  I wonder if this would work:
Amiga 2000
AT Bridgeboard
SCO Xenix/286

Is this feasible?  Is it worth the effort?

Thanks for any help.

-Vitas P.-
...!rutgers!rochester!ritcv!vxp6840
vcp6840@ultb.UUCP

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (11/08/89)

In Message <1515@ultb.UUCP>, vcp6840@ultb.UUCP (V.C. Povilaitis) writes:

>	I have recently sold my Atari ST and am looking into getting
>some new UNIX box.  I wonder if this would work:
>Amiga 2000
>AT Bridgeboard
>SCO Xenix/286
>
>Is this feasible?  Is it worth the effort?

 It is very feasible. Matter of fact I have just that setup here in heimat
 (my 2000). Worth the effort? Guess that depends on what you want out of it
 and how much $$$ you have to put in it. I added a dual serial/parallel card
 so it can be a full blown Xenix set up. It works just like an AT running
 Xenix only drawback is when Amy dies - so does Xenix :-(

 Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////           BERKS AMIGA BBS