[comp.sys.amiga] 6.5 million dollar loss last quarter

mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) (11/09/89)

	CBM just announced their results for the July-October quarter,
a loss of 6.5 million dollars on sales of 165.3 million dollars.  That
represents about a 17% decrease in sales from the year earlier quarter.
The blame went to poor 64 sales, weak consumer demand, and "delayed
promotions in major markets."  That's the bad news.  The brighter
side is that 500 sales are up from both the year earlier and the
previous quarter.  "Professional product sales," i.e. the 2000 series
as well as the Professional Series III AT compatible lines also
increased.  No numbers on the improvements were given in the Wall
Street Journal article, but they must have been pretty minimal to be
consistent with the overall numbers (probably well within the noise
level that can be expected from a creative accountant.)

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (11/10/89)

In article <3735@nigel.udel.EDU>, mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) writes:

> 	CBM just announced their results for the July-October quarter,
> a loss of 6.5 million dollars on sales of 165.3 million dollars.  That
> represents about a 17% decrease in sales from the year earlier quarter.
> The blame went to poor 64 sales, weak consumer demand, and "delayed
> promotions in major markets."  That's the bad news.  The brighter

     Are you sure? I just read in Amazing Amiga that overall for the
year that they were profitting in the area of $50 million. I don't
have the magazine in front of me now, but I'll confirm this in a few
days when I do get a hold of it.

-Steve Suhy