[comp.sys.amiga] Plotting Programs

whicker@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu (Gary Whicker) (11/10/89)

Sorry for the comp.sys.amiga post, but email bounced.

To: murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu.UUCP
Subject: Re: PLotting Programs For Amiga
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga

 I would like to see the program you are reluctant to post. Perhaps if the
source could be posted, an enterprising programmer (one with time on thier
hands) could clean it up. They could add 3D plotting, and other enhancements
that are provided in the latest version of the PLPlot library.

    Gary

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Anthony Adam Hill) (11/13/89)

    gary,

     A question, where can I get a copy (or maintin the latest version) of
the PLPlot libray and DOCS.. Is there a non TeX version?  I would like to stay
updated on the status... I dont have the programming time this semester but
I am thinking of starting a GOOD plotting prg... heres what I was thinking
about:

      o  A real time rotation of 3D graphs (I've seen Caligari do it!)

      o  Ablity to plot in all kinds of 2D and 3D coordinate systems
         (polar, cylindrical spherical etc..)

      o  Can specify parametric eqns (x and y in terms of t)

      o  Simple printer output

I'm not a mathematician so I don't know what I'm getting myself into.
If ypou know of any prgs besides AmiPlot2.0 (which is a good fast small prg)
Please drop a line and would like to hear more about the above prg...

  Adam Hill
,