[comp.sys.amiga] Hedley mode

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (11/13/89)

In article <1989Nov10.164346.15326@aucs.uucp> 840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan McKay) writes:
>OK, now that I know WHAT Hedley mode is, can anyone tell me a little more
>about it?  Like, how many bit planes, what the colour palette is, and what
>machines it will work on.  It says above "providing one has the correct
>monitor and display card", what display cards?  I thought the Amiga didn't
>need a display card? Will "Hedley mode" be standard from C=?

1 or 2 bit planes only.  1008x800 (or 1008x1024) in 4 shades of gray, only.
Runs on the Viking Moniterm monitor with paper-white (soft white) display.
"Correct display card" refers to the display card that is mounted inside the
monitor.  It has enough ram to store the entire image, since the Amiga
software sends the screen to the display card in 6 sections.  Requires 1/10
(or 1/15) second to process an entire screen update.  Works with any Amiga
(including A1000) with the right graphics.library software.

A lot of the dealers have this A2024 monitor, including HT Electronics
in Sunnyvale, Calif.  They use it for demoing A-MAX.  (That Mac emulator
understands how to access the added resolution.)
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms