[comp.sys.amiga] More Amiga Questions

scarlett@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Brian Scarlett) (12/05/88)

More questions;)

1.	Are there battery clocks (internal) for the a1000?  If so, what approx
	price range?

2.	Is there a 'fix' to quieten internal a1000 drives?  (other than a
	large hammer or replacing the drive itself)

3.	Is it possible/useful/practical to put a rom w kickstart/wkbench
	into the a1000?
	I believe the a500 has this to begin with and I have heard that the
	latest version of ks/wk 1.3 is more or less finished.

Many thanks

--
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned                    B. Scarlett
Father it was either me or him,                         U. of Waterloo

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (12/12/88)

In regards to your question on whether the A1000 internal drive can be
quietened, the answer is YES.  'How' is not quite so easy to answer.
I recently took my drive (internal) to be cleaned and aligned and it
came back 300% quieter than before.  I phoned and asked the service
what they had done.  They explained that they lubricated a part of the
drive mechanism that Commodore didn't, but wouldn't divulge which one!
It has worked beautifully and quietly ever since.  Anyone know more about
this?  I'd like to do the same to my external drive.

802360644%RUMAC%UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU@vtvm1.cc.vt.edu (11/15/89)

Newsgroup: comp.sys.amiga

Hi:

 Angel Asencio here and I'm trying to get some anwsers to some questions again:

  1) Soon my account at rumac will be closed (on december 31,1989), so I would
like to subscribe to a network from which I could reach from my Amiga
 comp.sys.amiga.  I know Compuserve and Genie, (I would like to reach Bitnet
and Usnet), Any recomendation?, can be another than these (Of course I'm
interested in how much they'll cost.)

 2) A friend of mine want to buy an Amiga 500 with monitor, Could you recommend
a good company with good prices?

                                      Thanks for your help,     //
                                                        Angel \X/