[comp.sys.amiga] Trouble reaching CMI - are they still in business?

hassinger@lmrc.uucp (Bob Hassinger) (11/13/89)

I am trying to reach CMI - Creative Microsystems Inc - and having problems. The
paperwork that came with a VI500 video encoder I just bought lists a Portland
Oregon address and phone number (503-684-9300).  Calling that gives a recorded
message giving a new number of 503-691-2552 in a place with a name that sounds
like Touwalton (no doubt wrong spelling).  Calling directory assistance gives
the same information.  However, calling the number says it is "disconnected or
no longer in service".  Can't seem to get past this point tracking them down.

Does anyone know if CMI is still in business and how to contact them (the VI500
seems to be producing very poor colors and I want to know if that is all it can
be expected to do before I give up on it).

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (11/15/89)

From article <1033@lmrc.uucp:, by hassinger@lmrc.uucp (Bob Hassinger):
: I am trying to reach CMI - Creative Microsystems Inc - and having problems. The
: paperwork that came with a VI500 video encoder I just bought lists a Portland
: Oregon address and phone number (503-684-9300).  Calling that gives a recorded
: message giving a new number of 503-691-2552 in a place with a name that sounds
: like Touwalton (no doubt wrong spelling).  Calling directory assistance gives
: the same information.  However, calling the number says it is "disconnected or
: no longer in service".  Can't seem to get past this point tracking them down.

	(It's Tualitan...) CMI is going through a 'reorganization' right
now... I was supposed to get their new number sometime early this week.
There are now two seperate companies, one for marketing and productioon
of current products, and a development firm for new and furture products.
The previous owners are no longer involved in the marketing and production
end, so a lot of the late delivery problems should be finally cleared up.
I'll post a notice with the new number and address as soon as I receive it.

: Does anyone know if CMI is still in business and how to contact them (the VI500
: seems to be producing very poor colors and I want to know if that is all it can
: be expected to do before I give up on it).

	You should be getting pretty good colors through your VI500... There
is probably something wrong with your if you're getting bad colors. Does
the problem show up on a monitor, or only on tape? It could easily just
be oversaturation of the colors you're choosing. That can cause bleeding
on taped video.

--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent.UUCP!calvin!billsey

mikey@NRC.COM (Mikey Goodglick) (11/16/89)

In article <1033@lmrc.uucp> hassinger@lmrc.uucp (Bob Hassinger) writes:

>Does anyone know if CMI is still in business and how to contact them (the VI500
>seems to be producing very poor colors and I want to know if that is all it can
>be expected to do before I give up on it).

As was announced at our local club meeting, CMI is gone...
--
         **** Mikey ****,                 "Changed my hair-style so many times
    In 3D, Part II, The Final Chapter      now, don't know what I look like."