[comp.sys.amiga] find

georgeh@cognos.UUCP (George Hagilaris) (11/13/89)

In article <380049@hpdml93.HP.COM> rodger@hpdml93.HP.COM (Rodger Anderson) writes:
[...]
>Yes, there is an Amiga find.  I have been using it for quite a while
>now.  I think I got it off this net (comp.sources.amiga).  Source was
>include.
[...]
>Ok, I found it (here at work).  It was written by Rodney Lewis.  I have
>the source, and its version 1.2.  It was posted in comp.sources.amiga
>in march of this year (1989).
[...]
>--
>Rodger Anderson (rodger@hpdml93)
>              or(rodger%hpdml93@hplabs.hp.com)

I have version 1.2 and I found a bug in it (I don't know if it was present
in earlier versions).  The "-name" option wasn't working properly.  Anything of
the form

	find sys: -name whatever -print

would return nothing instead of the path of "whatever" (assuming "whatever"
was somewhere in the sys: device).  I think I've fixed the bug (extremely
simple fix), but I haven't fully tested it yet (just fixed it yesterday).

I was going to send Rodney some email, but all I have is  rodney@bhpese.oz
and I need the full path.
--
George Hagilaris                                   /  / \ / _ |\ | / \ |_

jea@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Joanne Albano) (11/16/89)

I found the source to 'find' somewhere and tried to compile it
but it needed a 'functions.h' that was not supplied with the
source. Can anyone send me this header (or the binary)?

 Joanne Albano, Center for Visual Science     (716) 275-3055
 Room 256 Meliora Hall, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester NY 14627
 UUCP: {rutgers,allegra,decvax}!rochester!ur-cvsvax!jea
 INTERNET: jea@snipe.cvs.rochester.edu