[comp.sys.amiga] UltraCard owners - let's mail!

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (10/24/89)

An invitation to other UltraCard owners -

	Let's hang together and get a mail group together.  I've been
working with the program for about a month and a half, and have a few tricks,
but we could all ramp up a darn sight faster if we share these tips.

	As a smaller group, some of us have already been discussing:
	- How to alter the properties of objects via UltraTalk commands
(as opposed to the menu/interactive functions)
	- How to run CLI and Workbench commands from Ultracard (including
background processes)
	- Using the Hypertext function with text objects
	- Filling objects (i.e. buttons)  with IFF graphics
(including brushes)
	- Information on the latest (darn near biweekly) updates and
their bug fixes and features (for example, 1.3 now apparently has a
good dissolve, color cycling, and more stable IFF import facilities)

	I'd like to restrict much of the traffic to OWNERS rather than
users of the freely redistributable browser, since there are very few
functions that the browser users can test.  Perhaps a "listener" status
for browser users could let them see who to send their questions to
on a particular topic, via individual email.

	I wouldn't know how a "real" mailing list is set up, and I wouldn't
want to restrict the discussion to, say, just Bitnet (or Usenet) folks.
I'm thinking more in terms of just email to multiple users, unless
somebody else has a better idea.

	Whoever's interested, give me an email ring.  I'll send out
some sort of introductory email to them with everyone else's email
addresses too, and we can get going.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Robin LaPasha               |Deep-Six your

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (11/06/89)

The response has been good, and we now have a happy
baker's dozen of UltraCard owners to swap tips.

I've put out the first mailing; if you haven't gotten
that (or if you missed my first invitation and want to
join in) let me know.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Robin LaPasha               |Deep-Six your
ruslan@ecsvax.uncecs.edu    |files with VI! ;^) ;^) ;^)

waynech@rruxd.UUCP (Wayne Christian) (11/13/89)

Could someone who has had experience with both UltraCard for the
Amiga and HyperCard for the Mac mail me a comparison/review.  I am
interested in purchasing UltraCard and would like to know how it
stacks up to HyperCard.  Hopefully your views will be relatively
unbiased.  Perhaps I should post to the mac group, but that would
probably start a war (bad idea).

--
Wayne Christian	                                | ==== The 50 - 50 rule ====
{ seismo, ihnp4!packard } !topaz!rruxd!waynech  | 50% of the people you meet

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (11/14/89)

Well, the UltraCard mailing group has about doubled in size,
so I've gone ahead and set up a regular-type mailing list.

If you own UltraCard and want to swap "how-to" info on
building stacks with it, mail me (ruslan@ecsvax.uncecs.edu
or some equivalent) and I'll put you on the list (and tell
you more about it.)  [Yes, this'll be the last promo on this
for a while!  Whew!]

I apologize that I can't add the folks at "sactoh0" (the
Plink gateway?) who wanted the list, but I got continuous and
strange mail bounces on all attempts to reply.  Otherwise,
again let me know if you didn't get the new-style mailing.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (John Lindwall) (11/16/89)

In article <425@rruxd.UUCP> waynech@rruxd.UUCP (Wayne Christian) writes:
>  [deleted some stuff]                                        I am
>interested in purchasing UltraCard and would like to know how it
>stacks up to HyperCard.
 ^^^^^^
 Ha Ha!  Good pun.  Was it intentional?

--
John Lindwall                     |   "Not my employer opinions; mine"
johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM     |   a man, a plan, a beer, reeban alpa nama

rodger@hpdml93.HP.COM (Rodger Anderson) (11/16/89)

People may also want to take a look at CanDo, by Inovatronics.  It is
supposed to be an authoring system also, in a simular vain as UltraCard
and (Mac) HyperCard.

--
Rodger Anderson (rodger@hpdmmef)
              or(rodger%hpdmmef@hplabs.hp.com)