[comp.sys.amiga] How to interpret DPPS chunk

dbwhite@pro-realm.cts.com (David White) (11/16/89)

How does one interpret a DPPS chunk?  I.E. what is it's structure and
meaning?  It didn't seem to be described in the 1988 IFF specs on FF185...
Thanks for any info in advance.

UUCP: crash!pro-realm!dbwhite
ARPA: crash!pro-realm!dbwhite@nosc.mil
INET: dbwhite@pro-realm.cts.com

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (11/17/89)

In article <715@crash.cts.com> dbwhite@pro-realm.cts.com (David White) writes:
>How does one interpret a DPPS chunk?  I.E. what is it's structure and
>meaning?  It didn't seem to be described in the 1988 IFF specs on FF185...

I don't know the structure, but it is probably very easy to guess
once you know what is in it.  DPPS is Deluxe Paint Page Size.
DPaint III crashes if you have a large picture without this hunk and
you don't set the page size to the right size the first time.
I find it very annoying to have to fall back to DP-II to find out
how big some of my images are so that they can be reloaded and
resaved with DP-III. DPPS is probably just two shorts or something.

On a slightly different topic, is it possible to control the compression
mode that DPaint uses?  I have a few uncompressed images that I would
like to save compressed, but DP seems to use the same compression mode.
I would also like to be able to save them uncompressed for ease of kludge-
programs I may write.  Thanks!   -- Darren