[comp.sys.amiga] Game: Ports of Call on a harddisk...

fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) (11/17/89)

This seems like a well thought out way to waste time.
Has anyone been successful in putting it on a hard disk or copying
it to a RAM: floppy ?

The copy protection is a word from the maual and there is no problem
running from a backup copy. However, it will not load properly unless
its disk is the boot disk. There is nothing weird in the startup-
sequence that one might put in a boot ss elsewhere.

Email is fine.
--
-Frank Cunningham	smart: fc@lexicon.com	phone: (617) 891-6790
			dumb: {husc6,linus,harvard,bbn}!spdcc!lexicon!fc

			Real Recording Engineers mix direct to stereo.

ps106363@tut.fi (Pasi Sainio) (11/17/89)

>Subject: Game: Ports of Call on a hard disk
>-Frank Cunningham

I have been using Ports of Call on a hard disk...I remember I had some
problems with it...anyway don't remember them anymore... :(

But...

Have you copyed PoC's fonts to your FONTS:-directory?
And have you noticed there is files with spaces in their names: There is
four (4) files like that with 1, 2, 3 and 4 spaces...
Another problem might be a joystick in port 2...my PoC didn't like it...
And of cource you have to CD to directory where your PoC-files are.
What about Stack in the PoC-icon? Is it bigger than yours?

I will check my script which runs the PoC if there is something which I didn't
remember now...

Hope this helps you. It's a nice game...

 - Pasi -