[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 problem booting from floppy 0. "NOT A DOS disk in UNIT 0"

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (11/17/89)

I've been having a strange but very repeatable problem on my 2000 for
a while now.

Upon cold startup or "Three finger reboot", the message "not a dos
disk in unit 0" comes up. If I eject the floppy and put it back in,
everything works fine.

Has anyone seen this before?

sterling@cbmvax.UUCP (Rick Sterling - QA) (11/17/89)

In article <1548@bnlux0.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
> I've been having a strange but very repeatable problem on my 2000 for
> a while now.
>
> Upon cold startup or "Three finger reboot", the message "not a dos
> disk in unit 0" comes up. If I eject the floppy and put it back in,
> everything works fine.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

You might check to see that the connectors on the back of the floppy are fully
seated. Another possibility is that the diskette media fails to rotate due to
sticking or poor diskette hub design. Try duplicating your boot diskette on to
a high quality diskette and see if the problem remains.