[comp.sys.amiga] Goofy, but it helps: 1084 "fuzzy" interlace problem.

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (11/18/89)

/* Line eater death from above */

     My 1084 is one of those which repeatedly shows the "overstriking
interlace" problem, wherein the second set of interlace lines sometimes
decides that it would like to sit on top of the first set. The 2002 does
this as well, but there's a fix for it from Commodore.
     Anyway, a some weeks ago I decided to stop tilting my monitor via
its built-in front-end "foot" and let it just sit on top of its flat stand.
     The overstriking interlace problem decreased immediately and signifi-
cantly. I didn't want to post anything until I had given it time to become
a pattern, but it has been this way for some weeks now (five or six) and has
been very consistantly much better behaved. (This leads me to the guess
that the monitor frame is warps slightly when put on its stand, something
I don't like to think about. I'm sure glad Commodore changed OEMs. I wish
they'd done it earlier.)
     Anyway. Other people with the interlace overlap problem might want to
try this and see if it makes any difference. It did here.
                                                     - R'ykandar.
     PS: Anybody know why I can't access VT100's custom screen when running
DigiPaint?

--
| R'ykandar Korra'ti, Editor, LOW ORBIT | phoenix@ms.uky.edu | CIS 72406,370 |
| Elfinkind, Unite! | phoenix@ukma.bitnet | PLink: Skywise | QLink: Bearclaw |

gbbrooks@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (G. Brandon Brooks) (11/18/89)

In article <13271@s.ms.uky.edu> phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) writes:

>     My 1084 is one of those which repeatedly shows the "overstriking
>interlace" problem, wherein the second set of interlace lines sometimes
>decides that it would like to sit on top of the first set. The 2002 does
>this as well, but there's a fix for it from Commodore.
>     Anyway, a some weeks ago I decided to stop tilting my monitor via
>its built-in front-end "foot" and let it just sit on top of its flat stand.
>     The overstriking interlace problem decreased immediately and signifi-
>cantly. I didn't want to post anything until I had given it time to become

	I have the SAME exact problem with my 1084 monitor, but I leave it
flat all the time. I don't think the problem results from the stand.
	My incredibly non-technical theory about why MY monitor doesn't
behave is that when I use interlace mode constantly whenever I turn on the
computer, the monitor will behave. But once I go and play a game, or
otherwise use the x200 mode, then when I come back the 1084 has seem to have
"forgotten" how to use interlace mode.
	But I'm still VERY pleased that I can use the interlace mode on my
1084 monitor, rather than having to buy another monitor just for that
purpose....
			-Brandon!