[comp.sys.amiga] I/O BOARDS

glenn.adams@canremote.uucp (GLENN ADAMS) (11/17/89)

Hi, Vic

        I have an Amiga 2500 with an IBM card and am thinking of
getting a I/O card with;serial port
                        clock
                        maybe! RS232 port
                        for sure a Games Port     for the IBM of course

        The question is what kind of card should I get?

        I'am takeing my machine for a check on Thursday and thought I
would get a Super Agnes chip while its there, and the I/O card put at
the same time.( I hate to be without my Amiga )

        Comments please....
---
 * Via Qwikmail 2.01

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (11/18/89)

In Message <89111703310268@masnet.uucp>, glenn.adams@canremote.uucp (GLENN ADAMS) writes:
>        I have an Amiga 2500 with an IBM card and am thinking of
>getting a I/O card with;serial port
>                        clock
>                        maybe! RS232 port
>                        for sure a Games Port     for the IBM of course
>
>        The question is what kind of card should I get?

  Unless ive been breathing too much wood stain (were building onto the
  house) a "serial port" and "RS232 port" are the same thing (as used on
  a MS-DOS machine/card).

  Anyway I use a cheapo I/O card with my AT card. Bought it mailorder from
  Comp-U-Add and just stuck it in. I added the missing chip for the 2nd
  serial port and now my AT bridgeboard has 2 serial ports and a parallel
  port all for around $65 (US).

  Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////           BERKS AMIGA BBS