[comp.sys.amiga] PushDir/PopDir exist, sort of

johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (John Lindwall) (11/16/89)

I recently asked if PushDir and PopDir utilities exist for AmigaDOS.  I got
many replies; Thanks to everyone who took the time to send mail.

1. Get WShell - it has pushcd and popcd built in.
2. Use the S:SCD script.

John Lindwall

--
John Lindwall                     |   "Not my employer opinions; mine"
johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM     |   a man, a plan, a beer, reeban alpa nama

wfh58@leah.Albany.Edu (William F. Hammond) (11/19/89)

In article <147@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
(John Lindwall) writes:
> I recently asked if PushDir and PopDir utilities exist for AmigaDOS.  I got
> many replies; Thanks to everyone who took the time to send mail.
>
> 1. Get WShell - it has pushcd and popcd built in.
> 2. Use the S:SCD script.

*****
The following aliases enable "push" and "pop" operation with the
current directory under the ARP Shell.  It is assumed that the
commands are ARP commands.  It is also assumed that the ARP escape
character is '\'.  To try it execute these lines as a script.  If you
want to use it, put these lines in "s:Shell-Startup".

alias eq  echo "\x22" noline
alias cwd  cd \$(eq)\$(echo >env:pcd \$(eq)\$(cd)\$(eq) noline)[]\$(eq)
alias pop  cd "\$pcd"

Usage:

      cwd dirpathname

  --  Stores the current directory in the environmental variable "pcd"
and then switches the current directory to "dirpathname".  (To check
the saved value of the previous current directory use:  echo "$pcd" )

      pop

  --  Sets the current directory to the string stored in the
environmental variable "pcd".  It does not change the value of "pcd".

William F. Hammond                   Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics
518-442-4625                         SUNYA
wfh58@leah.albany.edu                Albany, NY 12222