[comp.sys.amiga] Charon demo

tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) (11/16/89)

Hi...I am trying to run the Charon demo from
fish disk #198.  When I try to run it I get
an error message that it can't load 'lapis.font'.
the file is on the disk....what is the problem?

BTW there is no directory called Lapis....is that it?
On my WB disk each font has a &&&&.font file and a
directory called &&&& in whis are stores files like
'14', '9', etc.

If that is what I need, who has the Lapis fonts?

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (11/17/89)

In article <36534@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:
   Hi...I am trying to run the Charon demo from
   fish disk #198.  When I try to run it I get
   an error message that it can't load 'lapis.font'.
   the file is on the disk....what is the problem?
   If that is what I need, who has the Lapis fonts?

The lapis font is included in the version of Charon available via
anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu as /amiga/badge1/charon.zoo...

	...tad

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (11/18/89)

In article <36534@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:
>Hi...I am trying to run the Charon demo from
>fish disk #198.  When I try to run it I get
>an error message that it can't load 'lapis.font'.
>the file is on the disk....what is the problem?

Sounds like you have a bum copy.  I just tested it again using my master
disk, a freshly powered up A1000, and original unmodified 1.2 kickstart
and workbench disks (couldn't seem to find my 1.3 kickstart, must have
mislaid it somewhere...).  Worked just fine.

>BTW there is no directory called Lapis....is that it?
>On my WB disk each font has a &&&&.font file and a
>directory called &&&& in whis are stores files like
>'14', '9', etc.

Definitely sounds like a bum disk.  Mine has the Lapis directory...

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048           asuvax!{nud,mcdphx}!estinc!fnf

jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Jules Cisek) (11/18/89)

In article <TADGUY.89Nov16153559@oswine.cs.odu.edu>, tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) writes:
> In article <36534@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:
>    Hi...I am trying to run the Charon demo from
>    fish disk #198.  When I try to run it I get
>    an error message that it can't load 'lapis.font'.
>    the file is on the disk....what is the problem?
>    If that is what I need, who has the Lapis fonts?
>
> The lapis font is included in the version of Charon available via
> anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu as /amiga/badge1/charon.zoo...

Why  don't you try putting the lapis.font inside the booting disks FONTS
directory...?
--
Fight |     //             Julius A. Cisek   jac423,jules      |Don't
Like a|   \X/ ->crunch<-   SUNYA, NY USA     @leah.albany.edu  | Be a

schur@venera.UUCP (Sean Schur) (11/19/89)

In article <36534@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:
>Hi...I am trying to run the Charon demo from
>fish disk #198.  When I try to run it I get
>an error message that it can't load 'lapis.font'.
>the file is on the disk....what is the problem?
>
>BTW there is no directory called Lapis....is that it?
>On my WB disk each font has a &&&&.font file and a
>directory called &&&& in whis are stores files like
>'14', '9', etc.
>
>If that is what I need, who has the Lapis fonts?

First of all it depends on where you got the demo from. If you got it on a
Fish Disk it should all be set up for you. If you downloaded or are unpacking
it from a .zoo file it is also all there. One thing you can do is go to your
root directory and unpack the zoo with "zoo e// charon.zoo". The // will
make all the directories it needs and unpack everything into correct
directories. If you just unpacked with "zoo e charon.zoo", look at the
directory. You will see files just named "9" or "11". You will need to
manually make a directory called "Fonts" then copy "Lapis.font" into it.
Then make a directory "Fonts/Lapis" and copy the number files into it. I don't
know it there are more than one different font. If there is then you will need
to figure out which number file goes with which font. The way to do this is to
list the .zoo file with "zoo l charon.zoo". This will give you full pathnames
for all the files and tell you what goes where.

This is all assuming you have the .zoo file in the first place. If not I can't
really help you.

- Sean Schur