[comp.sys.amiga] Need parallel port drive source...

donw@zehntel (Don White) (10/26/89)

     Everything is cause and effect.  Except, of course, there is no reason
     to say such a thing.        - me,1989

     Does anyone have source to the parallel port device? I have a parallel
     attachment which does robot control and I want efficiency.  So I would
     like to make a patch to the driver. I THINK I need every piece of code
     and Lattice linking instructions. Do I?

     Please don't tell me that I don't want to customize the device, I have
     special reasons...

     Can anyone help? (roger rabbit mode ON) Puulleeeaaaze???

     thanks! Don White Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177

mlelstv@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Michael van Elst ) (11/20/89)

donw@zehntel (Don White) writes:

> Does anyone have source to the parallel port device? I have a parallel
> attachment which does robot control and I want efficiency.  So I would
> like to make a patch to the driver. I THINK I need every piece of code
> and Lattice linking instructions. Do I?

You won't need any change to the parallel.device just to get control over
the parallel port.

The hardware (i.e., one of the CIAs) is arbitrated via the misc.resource,
you can easily grab the port and noone can interfere. You can get the
interrupt line (ACK line from your printer) and even get the serial
shift register via the ciab.resource.

I've connected a GAL programmer to my printer port and use this method
to access all control lines.

				Michael van Elst

E-mail: UUCP: ...uunet!unido!fauern!immd4!mlelstv