[comp.sys.amiga] Help me, I'm out of control

I don't know what to think any more. My wife is telling me that
I'm letting USENET be much too big a part of my life. Folks, all
I'm trying to do is make it right, to make it correct, so we
won't have any big problems and the net, as we know it, does
not cease to exist. Maybe my wife is right, and maybe I do need
to spend some time away from the net to get some perspective.

I just don't know. I don't think I can judge this properly.

So why don't we have a vote!

The issue to be voted on is "Should Peter da Silva leave USENET?"

Send me your votes, and I will count them. If I get 100 more yes
votes than no votes, then I will leave USENET for good.

For best results, use the mail program on your computer, not
the news software.

--
`-_-' Peter da Silva <peter@ficc.uu.net> <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
 'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.

kim@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Geoffrey K Kim) (11/17/89)

In article <7013@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>I don't know what to think any more. My wife is telling me that
>I'm letting USENET be much too big a part of my life. Folks, all
>So why don't we have a vote!
>The issue to be voted on is "Should Peter da Silva leave USENET?"

Everyone knows that there's no life outside of USENET!  I think we
should vote on the following:

  "Should Peter da Silva leave his wife?"  8-)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| kim @beowulf.UCSD.EDU (Home of the Garden Weasles)                  |
|        "... ENGAGE!" -- Jean Luc Picard, STTNG                      |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

lindwall@beowulf.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (11/17/89)

In article <7013@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:

>The issue to be voted on is "Should Peter da Silva leave USENET?"

No.  I enjoy your postings which are typically constructive and informative.
And now, the real purpose of this posting (see below):

>--
>`-_-' Peter da Silva <peter@ficc.uu.net> <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
> 'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.

^^^^
Oh! It's a _wolf_!! I always thought it was guy falling out of a building
headfirst!! :)
>Getting pretty tired of the damn wolf, too.

mmm@cup.portal.com (Mark Robert Thorson) (11/17/89)

Have you tried giving your wife a network feed?

maddoxt@novavax.UUCP (Thomas Maddox) (11/17/89)

In article <7013@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:

>I don't know what to think any more. My wife is telling me that
>I'm letting USENET be much too big a part of my life.

>I just don't know. I don't think I can judge this properly.

>So why don't we have a vote!

>The issue to be voted on is "Should Peter da Silva leave USENET?"

>Send me your votes, and I will count them. If I get 100 more yes
>votes than no votes, then I will leave USENET for good.

	Nobody send him anything.

	Nobody.

	Anything.

	And if he can't figure it out for himself, he can just sit
there and think about it until he drools or his wife beats all his
computer equipment to death with a baseball bat, whichever comes
first.

	(Sci.aquaria was the last straw, I think, the one that snapped
the man's mind, sent him into a spin.  Oh, Richard, you sly dog, you
smoked them out on this one:  "Excuse me, sir, we're conducting an
ontological exercise.  It concerns whether you take the net too fucking
seriously, and if you do, we've got something here that's going to
drive you absolutely batshit."
	Fiend.  Remorseless fiend.
	I wish I'd thought of it.)

	Don't take a vote, Peter.  Get a clue.

		       Tom Maddox
	 UUCP: ...{ucf-cs|gatech!uflorida}!novavax!maddoxt
	    Internet: novavax!maddox@bikini.cis.ufl.edu

beo@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (BeO de PeO) (11/17/89)

In article <7013@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> The issue to be voted on is "Should Peter da Silva leave USENET?"
No, of course not ! That is the same kind of question as 'Should we quit
comp.xxx.amiga ?'

> Send me your votes, and I will count them. If I get 100 more yes
> votes than no votes, then I will leave USENET for good.
Here is one NO, I will mail the other 199 (To be sure) to you 8^)

> `-_-' Peter da Silva <peter@ficc.uu.net> <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
>  'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.
> Getting pretty tired of the damn wolf, too.
Hey ? No huggin' wolves anymore ?
--
  ___   ___    +-----------------------------------+
 /   \ /   \   |  It's a funny ol' world, eh ?     |
   | ____\  | Jan van Veen, beo@maestro.htsa.aha.nl, Amsterdam, Netherlands  |
   |   |    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Anthony Adam Hill) (11/18/89)

  I say stay....... I hug a wolf every day..

  Adam Hill

" Maynard) (11/18/89)

In article <1639@novavax.UUCP>, Tom Maddox takes the Da Silva forgery
seriously.

Really, Tom...we all know that you can't stand Peter, and would shoot
his dog, rape his wife, and castrate him at the first opportunity, but
did you have to take your private little war to news.groups etc. just
because some loser posts a forged article in his name?

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

blm@6sigma.UUCP (Brian Matthews) (11/18/89)

In article <24143@cup.portal.com> mmm@cup.portal.com (Mark Robert Thorson) writes:
|Have you tried giving your wife a network feed?

(In your best Groucho Marx voice)

Yes, and she slapped me silly.
--
Brian L. Matthews	blm@6sigma.UUCP

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (11/21/89)

In article <1639@novavax.UUCP> maddoxt@novavax.UUCP (Thomas Maddox) writes:
>	Nobody send him anything.
>	And if he can't figure it out for himself, he can just sit
>there and think about it until he drools or his wife beats all his
>computer equipment to death with a baseball bat, whichever comes
>first.

Oh, hello Tom.  Following up before reading through the thread, eh?
And ranting outside of "your" group, too...

The message you responded to was counterfeit.  You probably discovered that
right after you upchucked 1639@novavax, as Peter posted a message identifying
it (7013@ficc.uu.net) as a forgery shortly after it appeared.

Last I heard, the results of the "poll" were 56 messages to stay, and 12 to
leave.  I daresay if you put your net residency to a similar test, the results
would be quite the opposite, but hey, screw everyone, right?
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl	"This one's got a lot more, uh, 640K that it can
--			 memorize."  -- CVN cable TV shopping channel